Aganau Chapter 10: Promise fulfilled

"You...!" Older Subaru said with an angry tone, having flashbacks of the beatdown he received twenty years ago.

The handsome knight tilted his head as he didn't think he would cross paths with him once again.

"It is good to see you again."

"Whatever! What are you even doing here, Julius?"

"...?" Julius was puzzled by this sudden question. "You are the one who brought me here, asking for my help."

"I would ne—!" There was a momentary pause as Older Subaru realized that his young self had asked for this man's help.

He had assumed it would've been Reinhard by the way he described one of the two people he went to ask for, but he didn't ask for further clarification.

'...damn it, young me!'

He closed his eyes as he calmed himself down before he continued the small talk.

"Besides that, what can you even do?"

"Is...that really a question?"

Older Subaru looked at him annoyed, hating that response to his question.

"L-Let's just focus on the task at hand."

As he said this, he turned towards Petelguese's direction as he prepared to continue his fight with the Sin Archbishop.

Julius remained silent for a moment before turning towards Petelguese, surprised that the same Natsuki Subaru he had humiliated many years ago managed to hold his own against the Sin Archbishop.

"Well then, allow me to lend you my sword."

"What? The same sword you used on me?" Older Subaru asked in a condescending tone, showing that he still holds a negative view on the finest knight.

Julius figured that this would be the case though he had hoped Natsuki Subaru wouldn't still harbor that much hate towards him.

He did what he did for his own good, that is the view he has always held...though he can admit now that it was probably harsh the way he went about it. He closed his eyes for a moment before responding to Subaru's question with:

"That situation...it was something that harmed your relationship with Emilia-sama. I do not regret my actions, but I do regret that you weren't there for her when she...perished. My condolences."

"I don't need your pity, not to mention that's like 20 years late!" Older Subaru responded swiftly, hating this...soft side he was seeing.

"My apologies then."

"Are you done?" Petelguese commented, as he found their conversation a bit annoying.

"I'm surprised you just let us have this conversation, Sloth."

"I'm very curious, just how many people need to die to help you on your quest, slothful one?"

Older Subaru gave a death stare at sloth before turning towards the finest knight, understanding that his younger self wouldn't have recruited someone like him for the hell of it.

"Can you do anything about spirits?"

"I've been called the Spirit Knight for a reason, Natsuki Subaru."

As he says this, a few quasi spirits appear right above the finest knight. Seeing this annoyed Subaru for a moment until he noticed Petelguese look with fear in his eyes. This caused him to have a sinister, cheshire cat-like grin on his face.

"What's the matter?" He spoke in a mocking tone.

Petelguese clenched his teeth, not necessarily for the Older Subaru's comment or Julius's arrival but more so towards the quasi-spirits nestling close to him. The madman glared at Older Subaru and spoke with that same anger: