Wrath Chapter 9: Rescue

Prior to the attack:

"Well then, will someone please explain what is going on, I suppose?" Beatrice spoke as she was annoyed by the fact that she didn't know what was last she remembered, she was at the Pleiades watchtower and she was too young a spirit to let her memory fail her yet. Before anybody could say anything to her, she was all of a sudden hugged by her contractor.

"Wh-What's the meaning of this?!"

"Hehe...sorry Beako, I just need this." 

Subaru said as he tried to keep himself together. Beatrice looked at him annoyed yet deep down she felt comfortable with this, feeling safe and happy. 

Petra, Frederica, Reinhard, and Wilhelm all four smiled as they saw this, with the three from Subaru's world knowing how close Beatrice and Subaru are while Reinhard was happy that his friend had someone to rely on, someone better than him. 

There was a moment of silence before Subaru got up with Beatrice saying:

"Now then, explain the situation."

"Right. So um...how do I explain this without confusing you?Let's just say that we are in a different world that is the same as our own...like a parallel universe."

"Parallel...universe? What nonsense are you babbling now, I suppose?!" Beatrice exclaimed as she was starting to lose her, her cheeks puffing up as she huffed.

"I know it is nonsense, but this is the best way to explain things, Beako."

"Well...at least tell me what we are facing, I suppose." 

Beatrice said as she could see that something was causing pain to her contractor. Subaru took note of what Beatrice had asked, causing him to be silent for a bit. He looked at Reinhard and the others for the briefest of moments before looking back at his contracted spirit.

"We are dealing with two powerful warriors. Halibel, the Admirer of Kararagi. And Cecilus Segmut, the Blue Lightning of Vollachia."

"Hmph. Seems like my stubborn contractor is backed into a corner, I suppose. What would you do without me?" Beatrice said after she sighed, seeing that the situation was much more dire than she expected. Subaru couldn't help but chuckle a little before his small smile faded away.

"That is not all, Beako. There is also their leader, The Purge King."

"The Purge King? Never heard of a name like that, in fact."

"Y-Yeah, it is a name unique to here since...well my counterpart is that, the Purge King." Subaru said reluctantly, something that Beatrice instantly noticed.

"Wh-What do you mean by your counterpart?"

"I know it's hard to believe but...in this world Beako...I became a tyrant. My counterpart...he did some horrible things...he is just the worst..." 

Subaru spoke with his voice sounding defeated, broken to which Beatrice could not stand. She hugged him in hopes of comforting her foolish contractor to which he appreciated and found comfort in. 

The two hugged for a bit before Beatrice really thought deeply on what Subaru had said, understanding that something must've gone horribly wrong for a version of her contractor to have gone the wrong path. 

Although it is painful thinking of this, she knows that her contractor was suffering much worse than this one.

"Alright then, what do you propose we do, I suppose?"

"Well...we are going to take down that bastard, the Purge King." 

Subaru said after having paused for a moment, allowing him time to regain his confidence. Beatrice took note of this and was quickly given the details of the plan. Upon hearing that Petra would be used as a way to distract the Purge King, she slapped Subaru in the face.