Greed Chapter 11: Head on

Both Natsuki Subarus realized that they looped back, with the one from this world being in his room prior to Reinhard knocking and the one from another world back in the forest.

Both were in deep thought regarding what had happened in the previous loop.

Natsuki Subaru looked at the window of his room as he thought of how absurd it was for Puck to appear right when things were going his way.

Right when victory was in his grasp.

'What an annoying plot device.'

He looked at the black crystal, annoyed that they couldn't at the very least get his counterpart to enter the Witch's world.

'It would've been useful to see what he knows.'

"I agree. I'm curious to see what experiences your counterpart has been through as well as how he utilizes Return by Death."

He remained silent for a second, thinking back on their previous conversation in the previous loop.

His counterpart shouldn't be able to loop like him, that being proven when he had cornered him.

'I will need to corner him once again, and this time assure that he either enters your domain or dies. I can't afford to continue this game of cat and mouse.'

"Well then, what shall you do when the chance arrives? Force him to enter my world or kill him?"

There was a moment of silence as he thought about this.

Once he had set which of the two he would choose, he heard the door knock.

This alerted him that it was Reinhard, there to tell him that Roswaal wanted to speak with him.

As he was preparing to enact a new plan to end things in this loop, the Natsuki Subaru from another world was silent for a few seconds before acting like everything is okay to Otto, Emilia, and Beatrice.

He was silent as he thought about the events of the previous loop.

He was basically losing and would've reached a permanent dead end had Puck not gotten involved. A literal deus ex machina in action.

This made him think of what are the keys to beating his counterpart from this world.

'Reinhard and Emilia-tan. If those two turn on my counterpart, then I got him.'

As he thought this, he had stopped to think on what he could do to even convince this world's Emilia to turn on his counterpart. Emilia, Otto, and Beatrice had noticed that he had suddenly stopped in place.

"Is something wrong, Natsuki-san?"

"No...nothing's wrong. I was just thinking."

"Thinking about what?" Beako asked. Subaru remained silent for a moment before responding with:

"About how we are going to deal with my counterpart of this world."

Emilia, Otto, and Beatrice all three had looked at one another, having caught onto what Subaru had said.

"What do you mean by that?" Emilia asked.

"My counterpart of this world...is not to be trusted."

"Why?"

"Because..." Subaru paused as he was thinking on how he would respond in a way they could understand. Before he could though, he was suddenly reminded of something:

("You act like a hero and well, maybe you are. You probably have done a lot, been through a lot with Emilia, Beako, Otto, and others but at the end of the day, you are just a boy from another world.")