Greed Chapter 3: Correction

The hallway was intensifying due to the cold and frost that was beginning to permeate into their bodies.

Subaru, Garfiel, and Beatrice knew that their lives were in immediate danger.

Emilia looked towards the demi human boy sharply as she says in a very intimidating tone so unlike what she used to be:

"Don't you dare hurt my Subaru."

This voice along with the temperature of the hallway dropping rapidly was enough to force Garfiel to get out of there, not wanting to die before he accomplishes his goal.

The sheer terror had Beatrice slowly stepping away from her contractor out of reluctance, extremely scared of the silver haired half elf.

Subaru was stunned by this as he didn't expect himself to be scared of Emilia by this much since he remained still as she was approaching him.

'Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Now what? I wasn't ready for this.'

Subaru has only ever encountered this type of Emilia two separate times in one loop, the first being after Beatrice had saved him from Elsa and the second was after having forced his way through the great rabbit.

He didn't feel comfortable interacting with this version since it is one that made him feel...guilty for a variety of reasons.

Once Emilia was within range of Subaru, she didn't hesitate in hugging him.

"Eh?"

"I couldn't stay put. I missed you, you dummy."

"I'm..." Subaru couldn't think at all, this was too much for him. It may not be his Emilia...but it's still an Emilia and this one's very clingy.

The tighter she hugs him, the more his mind is just unable to focus.

This was enough to prompt Beatrice to step up and try to separate the two.

"Stop hugging him like that or he'll die, I suppose!"

"Hm?"

Emilia turned towards Beatrice's direction, her eyes looking slightly kind compared to a few moments ago.

As she looked at the great spirit, she was surprised to see Beatrice out of her room.

"Beatrice, you have finally left your room."

"...what?"

"What?"

Subaru had snapped back into reality when he heard Emilia say this, prompting him to quickly free himself from the hug while grabbing both of her shoulders.

"Emilia-tan, what did you mean by that?"

"Hm. What? Did I say something weird?"

"What are you talking about when you told Beatrice that she finally left her room?"