Greed Chapter 5: Calculated

Prior to Otto Suwen finding the Natsuki Subaru of his world in the room Beatrice was located, he along with the Beatrice of his world and Emilia walked all the way towards the location of the mansion where Subaru was at.

'Don't worry Natsuki-san, we are almost there.'

As they were approaching the mansion, one of the bugs quickly alerted the merchant that there was someone walking around.

"Strong fella. Nearby."

'A strong one? Maybe the Sword Saint?'

As the merchant stopped on his tracks, Beatrice and Emilia both noticed which caused the two girls to be on guard.

"Is something wrong?" Emilia asked. Otto turned towards the silver haired half elf, having heard her question and concerned voice.

"We should be careful, there's someone strong nearby."

"Could it be Reinhard?" Emilia asked.

"I don't believe that's the case, I suppose."

"What makes you think that Beatrice-sama?"

"The Sword Saint is overwhelming to be around for spirits such as myself. I can tell when he's around, in fact." Beatrice said confidently.

"Can you tell if Natsuki-san's safe?"

"Yes. Our contract is still intact."

As Beatrice said this, Otto began to think on the next course of action.

'If Natsuki-san is still alive, I wonder what they might want with him.'

Knowing that his best friend could possibly be in danger by whoever wanted him, he asked the zodda bugs nearby if there's any opening into the mansion.

"A moment."

The zodda bugs went off to check though while they were doing this, Emilia and Beatrice both moved in the bushes to approach the mansion stealthily.

Otto turned around while saying calmly,

"All we have to do now is wait..."

As he turned around, he noticed that Emilia and Beatrice were no longer there.

"...huh? Emilia-sama? Beatrice-sama?"

As Otto was looking around to find the pair, both girls slowly moved towards the mansion as they were curious who was the strong person Otto referred to.

Once they were a good distance away, they noticed from a distance that this person was actually Garfiel.

"Oh. It's just Garfiel." Emilia said as she got off of the bushes.

"W-Wait."
Beatrice tried to stop Emilia, not liking this but she was too late as Garfiel noticed the two.

"Oi! What're ya doin' here?!"

Garfiel Tinsel didn't recognize the two for a moment and slowly approached the pair as he viewed them as a threat.

Emilia and Beatrice noticed the aggressive manner in which Garfiel was approaching them, prompting Emilia to say:

"Garfiel, it's us!"

"Eh?!"

The demi human boy paused as he recognized the voice, prompting him to stop and look closely at both girls in front of him. Once he saw who it was, he suddenly looked pale.

"Shit."

Garfiel stepped back a bit as he had his guard up.

"Look princess, yer...um, he ain't here...wait, when th'hell did ya grew yer hair?" As Garfiel questioned this, he noticed Beatrice holding her hand. "Wait, aren't ya...ya know what, th's ain't my problem."