Greed Chapter 13: Face off

Garfiel was slowly waking up, not exactly happy that he was dreaming about that painful day. As he was opening his eyes, he realized that he was being carried by someone.

At first he wasn't sure but the second he saw the green hat, he immediately knew who it was.

"Bastard! Let me go!"

He began to shake violently, attempting to punch the merchant. Otto was caught off guard by this which allowed Garfiel to land a hit on him. The merchant was sent flying towards a tree nearby with the demi human boy landed on the ground with ease.

"Natsuki-san!" Otto shouted, drawing attention towards him. During the walk, Subaru, Emilia, and Beatrice had managed to pass by Otto.

So, hearing his voice before a thump sound caused the trio along with Ram to turn around and see what's going on. The second they turned, Garfiel was charging right at him.

"Yer gonna die now!"

"..."

Subaru stood standing since there's nothing much he can do against Garfiel at this moment. He's barely hanging on, which makes this situation quite annoying.

Right before Garfiel could land a hit on him, Emilia prepared to stop the demi human boy only for Ram to take care of it by getting in front of Subaru.

This caused Garfiel to hesitate, giving the oni maid an opening to land a powerful kick. As Garfiel was sent flying a few feet away, not expecting her to do that at all.

Once he landed on the ground, he slowly got back up while looking at the pink haired oni maid with an angry expression.

"Th'hell r'ya doin', Ram?!"

"Calming you down."

"What?!"

Garfiel was baffled by the response he got, seeing that for some reason she's protecting Natsuki Subaru.

"Move outta th'way or I'll hurt ya!"

"You won't do such a thing, Garf. You will stand down and listen."

"Listen to who? To him?! I'd rather die!"

"You will listen, Garf. Unless you want a beating."

Garfiel scoffed when he heard this, hating that for some reason Ram is now on Subaru's side.

"Ya think Imma just sit here and let ya spout shit I don't give a damn 'bout?!"

Before Ram said anything more, Emilia tapped her shoulder. The pink haired maid turned towards the silver haired half elf, seeing that she's taking charge of the situation.

Subaru was going to act however seeing Emilia take this chance to try to reason with Garfiel prompted him to stand down.

Emilia approached Garfiel, catching the demi human boy off guard for a moment since he does fear her. However, he noticed that she wasn't acting like she usually would.

"Yer not her..." He whispered, knowing full well that if it was her, she would have attacked everyone right off the bat for trying to harm him. This allowed him to be curious on who exactly is this silver haired half elf. "Who'r ya?"

"Emilia, just Emilia."

Garfiel crossed his arms as his voice raised a little.

"Can't be! Ya ain't crazy lookin'."

"Crazy?" She once again tilted her head, having heard this before from Ram. "What do you mean?"

"...not important. So, why're ya here then? T'help th't bastard?!" Garfiel was cautious of Emilia, not sure what her motive was.