Greed Chapter 1: Another world

Subaru, Emilia, and Beatrice arrive in a new world, with Subaru preparing himself for an encounter with his counterpart, having a feeling that the Natsuki Subaru of this world won't be an ally to him this go around.

("...you are right, but not every world needs fixing. Some worlds need to run the course of events. Others need help because the stuff that happen there are just...unjust.")

'That asshole, it would've been different had you told me that from the very beginning.'

Subaru thought to himself, finding it annoying that he says this now...but he also knows that there's got to be a reason why the watcher would say this.

Aside from that, he along with Emilia and Beatrice all three looked around their new surroundings as they slowly realized they recognize the forest they are in.

'This is...why would we end up here?'

"Isn't this...near the Miload Mansion?" Emilia asked as she was positive that they are back at home. Subaru and Beatrice both noticed Emilia's question before Subaru responded with:

"Yeah, I was thinking that as well." He paused for a moment before starting to lead the group towards where the Miload Mansion was located. "We should get going."

"Wait." Beatrice said, causing Subaru to stop on his tracks.

"What's wrong, Beako?" He asked, having a feeling that something's bothering her. She was silent for a few seconds before asking a simple question.

"Who was that?"

"Hm?"

"Who was the person you were talking to earlier, I suppose?"

"Yes, I was also wondering who that was." Emilia added. "I was also wondering...why were we in a different world with another you."

As she said this, Emilia recalled that Subaru had made a peaceful family with Rem, causing something in her to feel...discomfort by it.

Subaru was taken aback by this but took a moment to think carefully before he responded:

"That guy...is some watcher, an observer if I were to say. He's a prick but someone who can just allow us to jump to different worlds where I made different choices...mainly bad ones." Subaru looked down while having said this, reminding himself of the Sin Archbishop of Pride and the Purge King mainly as the two versions of him that went the dark paths.

"...I'm not proud of what I've learned thanks to that jerk, but I can see just how screwed up I could've become without you all." As he said this, he looked at Emilia and Beatrice with a smile on his face.

Despite the amount of gruesome deaths he had to suffer to save not only them but also Rem, Ram, Otto, Garfiel, Petra, Frederica, the people of Arlem, Ryuzu, the people of the Sanctuary, Roswaal to a degree, and many others he cares for.

He looks up before hearing Emilia telling him,

"If something's bothering you Subaru, we are here for you." As she says this, Subaru couldn't help but feel relieved when that was said.

Beatrice approached Subaru to grab his hand while adding into what Emilia had said:

"And as your contracted spirit, it is Betty's obligation to help you, in fact."

With that said, Subaru felt determined as he knows he has two important people that can help him in this world.

'With Emilia-tan and Beako, I can beat this world's challenges.'

"There's still one more."

'One more?' Subaru questioned in his mind, surprised by the sudden voice of the watcher.