Sloth Chapter 6: Last day of peace

Night time had come to the city of Banan with all types of demi humans outside in what the Natsuki Subaru's would call the festival.

Natsuki Subaru and Emilia were both helped by the elder Natsuki Subaru and Natsuki Rem in finding some kimonos in order to be in proper attire for this festival. Subaru was a bit curious.

"Why is there a festival?"

"What? Do you not trust it?" Rigel questioned.

"It's not that. I just feel like this is too peaceful."

"Now, Now young me, don't start getting paranoid. Nothing bad will happen."

"...I guess." Subaru said reluctantly, knowing that usually things go wrong when they are too peaceful. Though then again, he might just be paranoid that someone new will come in and cause some issues.

He got onto the kimono he was given, noticing how he looked a lot like his fathers from back home on Earth when they had gone to such similar events.

"Man, you really look like dad." The elder Subaru said, surprising both the younger Subaru and Rigel. Subaru was surprised since he was thinking the exact same thing while Rigel was surprised since his father has never spoken about his grandfather.

"What was the old man's old man like?" Rigel asked Subaru, figuring that the young version of his father would know more about his grandfather rather than his own father.

"Wait, why are you asking him and not me?" The Elder Subaru questioned.

"Cause old man, you are very old. He isn't."

"Hey! I'm not that old!" The elder Subaru responded.

"I don't know older me, you seem to look the part. You certainly talk and act like it."

"Oh shut up."

Rigel slightly chuckled at this, enjoying that his old man was getting teased.

The Subarus chuckled as well since they didn't think that something like this would happen, making it for quite a scenario.

The trio laughed this off for a bit before noticing a certain wolf human appear in the room with his pipe ready to be smoked.

"Don't start to have fun without me, Su-san."

"Not our fault, you're the one who's late to the party." The elder Subaru said, seeing that Halibel had returned from his mission. "How did it go?"

"Went pretty well. Those bandits stood no chance."

"They are facing what is basically an equivalent of a Reinhard, of course they didn't stand a chance." The young Subaru added, knowing that Halibel's strength could be considered as the Reinhard of Kararagi.

"That's flattering to hear, young Su-san. Thank you." Halibel bowed at the young Subaru, appreciating the compliment.

"So Halibel-sama, are you going to participate in the festival this year?" Rigel asked since he was curious to know if his master will join them this time. Halibel noticed his apprentice asking this question with hope in his eyes, indicating that he wants him to go with them to the festival.

"I don't know..."

"Oh come on Halibel, join us."

"Not sure after what happened last time..."

"Wait, what happened last time?" The young Subaru asked, curious to hear the story behind this. Rigel and the elder Subaru both crossed their arms as they recalled the festival Halibel was referring to. The room was silent for a moment before the elder Subaru turned towards the admirer of Kararagi to tell him,