Greed Chapter 6: Knowledge

As Natsuki Subaru got to the first floor right when Emilia exploded on Reinhard, beginning their fight, he began to think.

'This is annoying. If my counterpart knows what I did to Felt, then what else can he learn?'

"That's what makes it interesting." Echidna chimed in, seeing this as another chance to converse.

'Not now, Echidna. I need to see what I can learn from my counterpart.'

"I would suggest finding his allies. They could give you the information you need."

Natsuki Subaru remained silent as he was already thinking this though it is nice to see that he and Echidna are on the same page.

He prepared to leave the mansion to find his counterpart's allies only to suddenly hear a sound of windows and walls being destroyed.

'What the?!'

Although things don't usually surprise him, he was intrigued when he noticed Garfiel being shoved into a wall by what seems to be an ice sculpture that takes after his figure.

'...what?'

"That witch. It seems like she has some tricks up her sleeve."

'...hm. That could be useful.' Subaru began to think on how an ice sculpture of himself can keep his Emilia distracted...though that could also come with some downsides.

He shook his head before running outside, not wanting to distract himself from what's important.

Once outside, he ran around as he followed the noise of explosions going around.

As he focused his hearing on these said explosions, he can tell that there were two fights going on.

One involved Ram as he can feel the wind changing every few seconds.

He used his senses to tell that the pink haired oni was confronted by...Emilia.

He knows how she fights and noticed that the temperature in the direction of their fight was dropping.

On the battle to his right side, he can tell it was Roswaal due to the amount of fire he was smelling as well as being the only other person that was sent to deal with his counterpart's allies.

The one facing the margrave must be someone with high level magic, knowing that not many can even stand against Roswaal L Mathers.

'If my counterpart is still in the mansion, his version of Emilia being distracted by Ram, and I doubt Otto can truly keep Ros busy for long...it can only mean that—'

"My Beatrice is indeed the best option to confront Roswaal."

Subaru was silent as he stopped in his tracks.

He still feels immense guilt when seeing Beatrice and still has a hard time facing Emilia...especially when this version that's with his counterpart is the same one before going insane from the trials.

"Quite the dilemma you have found yourself in. Which do you wish to talk to or better yet, which would make it easiest to confront: the half-devil girl or my precious daughter?"

'...' Subaru didn't want to answer this question as even he knows that this one's tricky.

The best choice would be to go to one, retry, go to the other, then retry multiple times until he can perfect both choices and see which would be perfect to act on.

Unfortunately for him, he can't just repeat events over and over again due to one fact...his counterpart is looping with him.

'This...is an annoying problem.'