Chapter 18: The Egrets

???: .....

???2: ......

???: .......

???2: ..... Um sister... Should be worried?

???: Hmm~, worried about what?

???2: Worried that there's a crack in the padlock, it wasn't there before!

Currently, the two woman from the beginning of Chapter 13 were now back on the same place, looking at the giant door in this Golden illuminated hall.

And just now as mentioned, there was a crack in golden padlock, that was keeping the door to be open.

???: That is true~ It wasn't really there before, I wonder how it got that~?

???2: Did you do something to it?

???: What, no! How awful of you to accuse me of such a thing! I would never~

???2: ...-_-....

Her sister could only look at her at that way which she sweatdrops from it and pouts.

???: Hmph! Meanie!

???2: *Sigh* If you didn't do it then how did it cracked? The padlock and chains were made by Mother's power, so it shouldn't have been this easy to cracked!

???: Well that questions aside, do you feel that?

???2: Feel what sister?

???: There's an odd energy coming out of the door, it's faint but I can sense it.

???2 hearing this focuses on it too, it took awhile but then she also senses it.

???2: You're right dear sister, there seems to be some kind of strange energy on the other side of this door, one of familiarity it seems.

???: Yeah...

Both sisters continues to look at the giant door, curiosity peeking their interest, but they pushed it aside, not wanting to do something irrelevant for their Mother.

There's a reason why this place was locked by their Mother so they should keep away from this place, no matter how badly they want to know what's inside.

_______________________________________________________________

In New Meridian.

In the remains of Bastets Den.

People were seen cleaning this place up, pushing all the debris into piles.

But amidst all of that, a certain figure comes in, looking around and that was...

Black Dahlia: Hmm...

The assassin looks around he place, seeing the destruction that had been cause by the Skullgirl, she couldn't help but be impressed but anxious as well.

She could still remember the memory as clear as day, barely escaping her alive as she looks at her FIREARM as it was replaced with a new one.

She continues to walk around the place, seemingly trying to find something, not until she almost tripped on something as she looks down.

Her eyes widen a bit behind that veil as she picks the object up which revealed to be some sort of crown, designs that of an Egyptian and it's a familiar one at that.

It was a obvious that this belong to...

.... Eliza.

Seeing enough, Black Dahlia quickly walks away not bothering to be here longer in this place anymore,