Chapter 23: Reunion

???: Sister~ Mother is calling, it's time for dinner~

Once again, the two girls from before were heard as they were shown back in the room full and stacked of many things.

???2 was currently looking at a screen of an old TV again, holding the joystick in hand.

For the past few hours, ???2 was doing her duty as usual, watching AU timelines, universes and such while checking out some things in it.

???2: Just a second sister I just finished watching a war on another universe.

???: A war you say~? What's it about this time~?

???2: Well it's about an Amphibian race invading another world, I just finished watching the end of it, and color me surprised sister, I didn't think that the Guardian would finally chose it's successor, and it's a human girl nonetheless.

???: Really!? I mean... Now that is a surprise~

???2: Right, and currently, I'm watching another universe where there are girls piloting robots fighting dragons from another dimension, honestly from my perspective that world is like an ecchi anime on TV.

???: Really~?! Now you got me intrigued~

Her sister could only deadpan at her grinning face.

???2: I swear sister, if you get more weird behavior from watching that universe, I'm telling Mother.

This made her sister shiver as she nervously laughs.

???: R-Relax, I'm kidding.

???2: ...Hopefully you are, now let's go, we wouldn't want our dear Mother waiting now would we?

???: You're right about that~

____________________________________________

Lab 8 infirmary.

Y/n was shown lying in bed, sleeping peacefully, not until he starts groaning.

Slowly he opens his eyes only to be greeted by the light and also something else.

Y/n: ..... Am I in heaven?

Valentine: Perhaps.

Y/n hearing her voice widens his eyes as he was looking straight at her cleavage and Valentine was holding a thermometer in hand.

Valentine: Hmm, your temperature seems to be back to normal so that's good news.

Y/n: W-Where am I!

???: The infirmary.

Y/n looks to the side seeing someone sitting there.

Y/n: Peacock?!

Peacock: You're finally awake, you weren't trying to cross the border right? But seeing you're still here I guess not.

Y/n: ... What? I- nevermind, how long have I been out?

Valentine: The whole afternoon.

Y/n: Dang, that explains why I'm feeling hungry.

Hearing this, Valentine went to a table, grabbing something as she goes to him.

Valentine: Here.

Valentine suddenly then gives him a hotdog followed by few more which Y/n beams his eyes and took it.

Y/n: Thanks!

Valentine: You're welcome, there's more of that, eat well so you can replenish your energy.

Y/n: You don't have to tell me twice but.... where are the others?

Valentine: They all had work to do but me, Ms. Fortune and Peacock were assigned to look after you till you wake up.