Chapter 22: A Test Gone wrong

Y/n: Ugh...my head hurts..

Y/n slowly got up from bed and looks to the time on a clock besides his bed before looking away only to go wide eyed and looks back.

Y/n: 8:30!? Crap I'M LATE!!

Y/n quickly got off bed as in the process fell down hard before getting back up, grabbing his hoodie and shoes on the way as he opens the window and drops down, startling a certain someone as he almost bump into her and immediately slid between her legs and continues running.

Filia: Y-Y/n!?

Samson: HEY WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING KID!

Y/n: SORRY FILIA! SAMSON! CAN'T TALK, LATE! NEED TO GO SOMEWHERE!!

Y/n kept running without looking back as he wore his hoodie and scarf on the way leaving Filia and Samson utterly confused but the former looking sad.

Filia: Bummer.. I thought he was free today..

Samson: Well you can't blame him, I think he's going to that job of his as it's his second day.

Filia: Y-Yeah maybe you're right but... he never really told us what his job is? Didn't he?

Samson: Now that you mention it, you're right but whatever it is, he's kinda cheeky about it when he told us.

Filia: Yeah...

Filia kept looking at the direction Y/n run off to before going inside their home.

________________________________________

After some time, Y/n was now shown walking alongside Dr. Avian in Lab 8 once more but the former was looking depressed.

Y/n: I have got to fix that clock. 3 hours of waste for more beauty sleep..

Avian couldn't help but laugh at the boy's misfortune.

Dr. Avian: Well look at the bright side, we can start the test more earlier than we thought.

Y/n: Test? What test? Nobody said anything about a test!! I didn't study! In fact I never went to any school!

Dr. Avian: Calm down boy, it's not that kind of test, it's more of a test to see how capable you are in the field. We already know what your power is but we don't know how far you can go.

Y/n: Oh well then let's get to it- ACK!!?

???: Y/N!!!

Suddenly someone had tackled our protagonist to the ground, hugging him tight and it was...

Nadia: YOU'RE ALIVE! YOU'RE REALLY ALIVE!

Y/n: N-Nadia... L-Let go!

Nadia: NO! If I do then you might disappear again!!

Dr. Avian: Well he's gonna disappear for good if you continue to crush the poor boy!

He reprimanded as Nadia realizing immediately let's go.

Nadia: Oh I'm so sorry!

She bowed which in the process got her head detached.

Y/n: Oh Goddess I thought I was a goner! Seriously Nad, what's with the death hug? Get your head back together hehe. Did you miss me that much?