Chapter 31: A Chilling Day

Y/n: So...... this happened.

Y/n was shown tied up tight with chains, while dangling upside down, slowly being lowered to a barrel full of boiling hot water as all around him were shady looking thugs, smiling evilly!

Behind them all were a group of people being lead to another area of this place, all of them being children but with few old people mixed in as well as some Dagonian people.

They all look in fear especially a little girl who tripped, annoying one of them.

Thug: Oi! Girly get up!!

Little girl: Eeekk!!!

This frightens her as she started crying making them annoyed even more and the other people quickly consoles her, pleading for them to have mercy on the poor child which just amuses them.

Y/n could only watch in disappointment but there's a sharp glint in his eyes.

Leader: Good work boys! This calls for a feast of all those hard work we did!

His men cheered loudly as they raised their beers.

Y/n: Ooh can I join! A feast sounds delicious!

Leader: Oh you may join us, that is if you can get out of there! Or else you'll be the dinner for vermin's! Hahahahaha!!!

They all joined him in laughing as Y/n pouted.

How'd it come to this? Well it all started this morning....

______________________________________________

Another snowy day in New Meridian.

A certain ninja nurse is seen jumping from building to building.

Valentine then stops on top a water tower, looking around the city and neighborhood she's in

Valentine: So far no suspicious activity here....

She quickly move towards another building, carefully checking the vicinity for any suspicious activities around and liked she mentioned, so far none.

Valentine kept on moving, avoiding many peoples eyes as she stealthilymade her way around the city until suddenly she ended up in the park.

She stood on her feet on top of a tree, her warmth breath visible in this snowy day as she watches a few family spend their time playing in the snow.

Valentine eyed them, especially the kids playing around.

Valentine: Hmm, there's nothing here either.. no people that look like kidnappers in sight.

She as about to make her way out, not until she suddenly stop when she saw something... or someone.

Valentine: Is that...?

.....

Right in one of the park'swooden bench, there lies a certain lazybones, currently napping without a care in the world, despite the snow piling on him.