Life Goes On

Do you ever look back over your life and think about all the experiences you have had? All the ups, the downs. Trials and tribulations. The people who have come and gone. They say that a bit of self reflection is healthy. It keeps us grounded and humble.

That is what Taehyung is doing right now. He sits in his darkened room and reflects on the past. He thinks about how things could have been so different for him, had he not gone to that audition with his classmate. Had he not gone when he got the callback. Had he decided to be a farmer. Would he still have managed to make it to where he is today. Would all the stars have aligned to bring him to his fate. He really hopes so.

He then stops and thinks about all the people he has been so blessed to meet. His family.

Kim Namjoon. His Hyung who will forever hold the title of the leader. The one who always humored him when he was growing up and being awkward. The one who understood him even at that weird point in his life and never seemed to tire of him.

Kim Seokjin. His caregiver. His oldest brother. He was the one who nurtured the awkward farm boy and made him laugh through adversity. The Hyung who fed him, and kept them grounded.

Min Yoongi. His Idol. His "big" brother. The one he looks up to so much for his work ethic and talent. He wanted to emulate his rapping every chance he got. The tsundere Hyung who came across as cold or distant, yet never missed an opportunity to show how much he cared for him.

Jung Hoseok. His older brother. The sunshine of the group. The one he worked so hard to impress the most. The one who he respects the most and whose respect he finally earned in the dance line.

Park Jimin. His Soulmate. His bestfriend, his brother. The one who grew with him and loved him dearly. The one who he can share all of his feelings with good, and bad. The one he will always hold close to his heart.

And finally...

Jeon Jungkook. His twin flame. The one whose very being inspires him, from the big doe eyes to the mole beneath his lip. The love of his life. The one he was made for, and who was made for him. The only one he could ever love this intensely. The one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.

He can't believe all of the things that they went through to be together. The years seem to have flown by at a steady pace, with not only the group hitting milestone after milestone, but their relationship as well. So many milestones. From meeting, pining, confessing, separating, reuniting, coming out publicly, and getting engaged.

Yeah, they're engaged. He can't believe it! He still has to pinch himself sometimes to make sure he isn't dreaming. It's real. The love of his life wants to spend the rest of his life with him. He can't believe Jungkook beat him to the punch and proposed before he could. He had an elaborate plan laid out to have a bold romantic proposal and Jungkook's emotionally charged impromptu proposal blew it out of the water. Kookie said he wanted to propose first because Taehyung confessed first. He tried to tell him it wasn't a competition, and that he would have had no problem doing it himself, but Kookie was adamant that this was his. So, after many tears and hugging, he said "YES!"

Looking back on that moment, he can honestly say it was perfect for them. Anything over the top probably would have been too much.

Rising from the bed he was currently sitting on, he makes his way over to the window to open the curtains, and squints from the sudden invasion of light in his eyes. Looking out of the picturesque window down at the busy street below. He knows he needs to get moving, as he has a busy day ahead of him. He's surprised that non of the other members has knocked on his door yet as he should have been up and about half an hour ago. On that note his phone rings. He looks at the caller ID and see's Chimmy on his screen. So he quickly answers it.