Are You The Leader?

RM sat in his room, in the dark, in silence. He felt like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders.  The pressure feels like too much for one person to bear. He has avoided seeing any of the he other boys since returning from his meeting with Bang PD.  He knows eventually he will have to come out of his room and face every one, but he can't even imagine doing that. Especially His Jin. He can't bear to see disappointment on Jin's face. He knows that Jin will always support him and his decisions, but that doesn't mean that he would hide his disappointment.  Aish!  This is bullshit!  Why does he have to be the one?  The meeting plays over and over again in his mind....

**Three hours earlier in Bang PDs office**

Bang PD:  RM, come on in and have a seat.  How's everything going with the upcoming tour dates?  I see the DNA video shoot went well.

RM: Yes sir. Thank you sir.

Bang PD:  That's good! Very good! We also have our meeting this month with Line Friends for you guys to go and create your characters for the plushie line. Are you guys excited about this?

RM: Yes! Yes we are! Is that what you wanted to see me about sir?

Bang PD takes a deep breath and stares intently at Namjoon.  It almost looks like he is assessing him for some reason.

Bang PD:  RM, are you the leader of this group?

RM: (confused) Yes....Yes sir. I am the leader.

Bang PD:  Were you aware that Taehyung and Jungkook are involved in a relationship?

RM:  I... Um...as of just recently I became aware of this.

Bang PD:  I don't usually interfere with you guys personal activities. But it has been brought to my attention that they are a threat to the continuing success of the group.  Were they to be exposed it could have dire consequences for all of you.

RM:  We are aware sir. I have advised them to be careful and not expose themselves.

Bang PD:  I have also been made aware that they are blatantly flirting with each other during performances and interviews.

RM: I will speak to them regarding that sir, I wasn't aware that it was that obvious.

Bang PD:  No need. I have decided that for the foreseeable future we will have them maintain distance from each other.  They will not be allowed to film together during BTS Run, nor to do live streams together. Their interactions on stage will be limited to light fan service.  When making appearances on T.V. for interviews and awards shows they will be separated by no less than two other members of the group.  Do I make myself clear?

Namjoon is speechless.  He can't believe what he is hearing.  This is not what he expected were their secrets ever to get out.  He always thought that Big Hit would support them and have their backs. That they would protect them from close minded people in today's society.  He never expected them to be part of those same people.

Sensing Joons hesitation, Bang PD's expression softens slightly.

Bang PD:  I know this is a lot to ask. I am not judging anyone for their choices. It is my job to protect you guys. Society is not ready to accept this kind of relationship.  I don't want this to derail all the hard work you guys have put into your group.   Something like this could very well destroy everything you have accomplished in the few years since your debut.  Maybe one day, the world will be ready to positively embrace these things. But for right now, we have to do what we have to do.  Are you the leader?

RM:  (sighs) Yes I am sir.

Bang PD:  Good. Then it is your responsibility to enforce these new rules along with management and the staff.

Namjoon is shocked. So not only is this actually happening but he is expected to enforce it?  He will essentially be a traitor to his family. Everything he has ever taught them about loving yourself and being true to yourself, will all be a lie.  He'll be a hypocrite.  The respect he has earned from them all as the leader will all be void.

Bang PD:  Jungkooks birthday is tomorrow. The following day you have an appearance scheduled.  We will implement these protocols then.  If you have nothing else to discuss, you are dismissed.

RM left Big Hits offices in a daze. When he made it back to the dorms, he managed to avoid the other members, who were in the common room playing games. He quietly made his way to his room. Entering the dark room he didn't bother turning on any lights, he just collapsed onto his bed. And he had been sitting there for the last three hours

A half hour later there was a quiet knock on his door.  It's 7p.m., so he knows that it's Jin wondering if he is going to come down for dinner.  He decides to not answer the door.  Maybe Jin will think he is sleeping and come back later.  A few seconds later he hears the door knob turning, and sees Jin's dirty blond hair peaking from behind the door.  Joon puts his head down, not able to look Jin in his eyes.  Suddenly he feels Jin's arm around his neck and his head is cuddled up against Jin's stomach as he runs Joons back.  He his proved to be the straw that broke the camels back, as Namjoon breaks down into tears, sobbing inconsolably into Jin's shirt. 

Jin quietly offers his support and love.  Not knowing what is wrong, but knowing that His Joonie needs him.  He will figure out what is wrong later.  Right now, the most important thing is to comfort his love and let him spend his emotions.  He knows that Joon left to go and meet Bang PD. Whatever happened in that meeting was the catalyst for this outpouring of emotion.  If His Joon has been hurt in any way, physically or emotionally. There will be hell to pay.

Hi guys! Surprise extra upload. Poor Namjoon😢
Stay tuned. It's about to go down.  Thank you for the votes and reads. Please continue to do so.
💜💜Borahae 💜💜