Exposure

The boys are back in the dorms and decide to have a meeting in the common room regarding the Taekook story that has been trending #1 for the past few weeks.  The requests for statements have been off the charts. Every interview they've done since the MAMA Awards has been peppered with questions about Taekook.  Luckily RM has been able to divert attention back to their big wins, but the reporters are becoming increasingly demanding and desperate for answers.

Namjoon:  Alright guys, our first course of action is to protect Jungkook and Taehyung.  That takes priority over everything else.

Yoongi: I agree.

Taehyung:  Hyung is it going to be okay?  I'm scared. What if Big Hit is angry and decides to disband us for real?

Jungkook:  Yeah, what if they changed their minds about supporting us?

Namjoon:  Don't worry guy's, regardless we will have your back. So, no matter what Big Hit does, we have each other. OK?

Jin:  Right. We'll make sure this goes the way we want it to. Don't worry.

Jimin:  Hey Jin Hyung, don't worry, I'm not afraid.  I know we can handle this situation.

Hobi: What we need to do is use this exposure to our advantage, try to feel the situation out.  Get a grasp on how the public would react to the news being true.

Namjoon: That's a great idea!  We have some shows coming up, and some appearances. I think you guys should play up the skinship. Really hang on each other. Let's see what kind of feedback you get.

Yoongi:  That's good!  And we should continue to be very ambiguous about answering questions regarding Taekook.  Leave them open for speculation.

Jimin:  Like saying how close we all are, and how we're brothers and the usual BS RM say's during all those English interviews.

Namjoon:  Yah!  That's not BS. We are very close, and like brothers

Hobi:  Some of "US" are closer than others... I'm just sayin

Jungkook:  Ha Ha Hyung. I just still can't get over the fact that you're straight.

Hobi:  Hey!  I am very straight! Ask my girlfriend.

Jimin:  Yeesh! Calm down Hyung. We believe you. We just know who wears the pants in your relationship.

Hobi: ............

The boys all burst out laughing. Teasing Jhope about his status in his relationship with Lisa.  Their mirth is interrupted when Joon's cell phone rings and he looks and see's their managers name on his screen.  Quieting everyone down he, answers the call and greets the manager. Only saying a few acknowledgments and affirmative answers, he steps out of the room to everyones dismay. After about ten minutes he walks back in as he ends the call after thanking the manager.

Namjoon:  That was manager-nim.

Yoongi: No shit, Sherlock.

Jimin: Hyung!

Yoongi:  I'm sorry I thought it was expected of me

Namjoon: Anyway, he was just calling to let us know what plan of action Big Hit wants to take....

Yoongi:  Bruh...

Taehyung:  I know right the suspense is killing me...

Jungkook:  Hyung! Why are you drawing this out?

Jin: Joonie!

Namjoon:  OK, ok. They agreed with our plan. It was pretty much what they came up with too.

Taekook:  Really? YES!

Jimin: That's awesome!

Namjoon: I know!  I was all prepared to argue our stance but he cut me off and said that Bang PD told him to give us whatever support we needed. And to protect Taehyung and Jungkook at all cost. 

Hobi:  My respect for Bang PD just grew.

Namjoon:  Alright, so we have the Grammys coming up soon. Let's turn that into the beginning of #Taekook is real.

Jin:  Really Joonie, that's what you want to call it?

Namjoon:   What? It's catchy.

Taehyung: So they are going to allow us to act natural with each other?

Namjoon: That's the deal.  You guys just be uou, and we will see where this takes us.

Jungkook: I'm down. Let's Get It!!

Jin:  Calm down Kookie, this doesn't mean you can full on make out in public.

Jungkook: But... You said act natural.

Taehyung: Kookie, they mean normal how we were before we dated. Touchy Feely, but with limits.

Jungkook: (pouting) Well, that's no fun...

Namjoon: Guy's I think this is a big step in the right direction. We can do this. If we pull this off just right, maybe this time next year South Korea will not be so strict and tense when it comes to LGBTQ+ issues.

Jin:  That's true this could be good not only for us, but for anyone who is struggling with dealing with the same issues.  We could again, become ambassadors for something that is close to our hearts.

Jimin: I like the sound of that.

Yoongi:  That way not just our music will reflect our true selves, but we can be our true selves in public.

Yoongi grabs Jimin's hand and pulls him into his lap. Making the younger boy blush, and hide his face behind his hands.  Namjoon hugs Jin to his side. While Jungkook back hugs Taehyung lovingly kissing his cheek.  Hobi, observing all of this groans out loud in frustration.

Hobi: Yah! We can be ambassadors for straight people too, you know.  I think I should go public with my relationship with Lisa so that people know Idols deserve love too. It's not fair that they expect us to stay single and give off the illusion of availability. We should be able to live our lives, loving who we want too!  Hey, are you guys even listening to me? Stop! Stop kissing! I'm talking to you guys! What about me?  Hey!  You guys suck!

Namjoon pulls away from Jin's lips.

Namjoon: Don't worry Hobi, we'll work on emancipating straight Idols next. Promise.

Hobi: ..........

****To Be Continued ****

Hi guys! Hope you enjoyed this cute little filler chapter. Thank you for all the reads, votes and comments. I'm soooo super excited! I can't believe there are over 600 reads already! Thank you so much!
💜💜Borahae 💜💜