Gratitude

The remainder of the year had gone by much smoother for the group of young men.  They had many appearances and interviews and everyone who came into contact with them could see how tight their bond was.  Today they had the 2018 MAMA Awards, and they were super excited. They hoped to get album of the year this year.  They had really worked hard and hoped that they would be recognized for their efforts. After a grueling performance they were finally back in their seats albeit out of breath and sweating.

RM:  Guys this is it. I just want to tell you all how proud I am of you, and how thankful I have been to work with you all these years.  I know that the last year was really rough for usz but I'm so grateful that we made it through together.  I know that if we make it through this past year, we can make it through anything.  So even if we don't win Album of the year, I want you guys to kniw how proud I am of you and how thankful I am to call you my brothers.

Jin:  That's just incestuous and wrong.

Jimin:  Hyung!  You just ruined a very sweet moment we were having.

Suga:  Shhhhh! They are about to announce the winner of the Album of the year award.

The members all sit quietly, hoping that their name is called. Collectively holding their breath

The winner of the 2018 Album Of The Year is........ BTS

The audience goes wild. The army bombs are going off like crazy!  The boys reaction was delayed by a few seconds as they set in shock.  RM jumped out of his seat first and looks at his equally shocked band mates.  They all stand up and hug each other before making their way to the stage. This is the moment that you hey have been waiting for. They cannot believe it's finally here.  The only thing that could possibly top this moment is winning Artist of the year, but they definitely don't expect to win that this year. Maybe next year that can be their goal along with the performing at the Grammys.  After accepting the award and giving their speeches they were ushered off stage to take a few quick pictures backstage. Then it was back to their seats.

The remainder of the awards show was kind of a blur.  Soon it was time for the Artist Of The Year Award, and then it would be over.  The boys, prepared to be escorted out of the venue by the staff right after the last award was accepted by whomever won.

The 2018 Artist Of The Year Award goes to......... BTS

Once again, the boys were shocked, having not even considered that they could win this award. Immediately they stumble up on the stage in shock.  The joy of the moment only enhanced more by them trying to hold on to their emotions.  RM gestures for Hobi to speak first and his emotional state proves to be the breaking point for all of the other members who immediately lose the battle against their tears. From there on it was a very heart wrenching moment as each member goes to the microphone to express their elation and gratitude over this occasion.  Once Jin speaks and mentions the talk of disbandment, Taehyung seriously breaks down as he remembers what they went through as a group and what he and Kookie went through personally.   Feeling distraught he turns away from the crowd seeking solace, and is immediately pulled into the arms of his love.  Who, on live television comforts him, in front of all to see. Not caring about public opinion.

After the awards show the boys went back to their hotel. After showering and changing into more comfortable attire, the all met in Namjoon and Jin's room to talk about today's accomplishments.