Chapter 7

Unedited 6/8/2021

Inside was getting hot so Jesreen went outside for some fresh air. The birthday boy sees this as a great opportunity to spend some time alone with her.

  "Sorry to startle you, are you ok?" Kevin said when he realized that he startled her.
  "I am, just getting some fresh air. You don't get fresh air like this in NY.
  "Hope you are enjoying yourself."
  "Yes, I am, your friends are cool."
  "They are, and so are you."
  "Thank you," Jesreen bushed.

  "What are your plans for tomorrow, working?"
  "No, I don't work on Sundays."
  "So, do you have plans? There is a concert in the next town, the guys and I will be going. Would you go with us?"
  "I have some work to do around the house, then I have to rest for work Monday," Jesreen said, knowing Kevin would not know how important rest is to her right now.

Kevin wanted to ask her how come she lives alone but he did not want to bring up upsetting memories, thinking that her parents were dead somehow.

  "You see that tree over there, when I was six, I decided to show my brother that I was a big boy. He is always calling me his baby brother. I was planning on climbing to the top to prove I'm big. Halfway up, I made the mistake of looking down.

I was terrified and started crying. Keep in mind that was thirteen years ago, and the tree was a lot smaller. My mother was in the garden and heard me crying. She was so frightened when she saw me. She called my brother to take me down even though I cried harder, beginning her not to. I never climb a tree after that. He still calls me his baby brother.

"Too bad you did not make it to the top, now even when you are back is bent and you are walking with a cane, he will still be calling you his baby brother." Her eyes tingle as she teases him.

  "This is my favorite song," Jesreen said.
  "May I?" Kevin asked holding out his arm to her. She fits perfectly in his arms; they dance under the star as if they were the only ones in the world. When the song was finished, Kevin did not want to let go of her.

  "His arms felt so safe Jesreen think with your eyes still closed.  She feels a tingle at the spot his hands were touching her naked shoulder she pulled away.
  " I'm sorry the time is getting late I have to go."
  "Thank you for coming hope to see you soon." Kevin smiled at her. Jesreen hurriedly made our way to her car. On her way home she could not take her mind off how great it feels to be in his arms.

The next month went by so fast. Jesreen ran in the guys from time to time, mostly when they dropped by the diner for something to eat or the ice cream shop and Jenny, at the supermarket. Kevin even asked her out a few times, but she always hide behind work.

Her belly is starting to bulge a little, only she can see it with her clothes off, but she knows it won't be long before she can't hide it anymore.  In less than six months she will be having her baby in her arms with no family or friend's support. Well, the last part is up to her, but she can't help but wish her mother was there.

One night on her way from work Jesreen's car started to make a funny sound and just shut off in the middle of the road. She was tired after a long week at work and now, this!! She tried to start the car a few times, but it would not start. Not being able to hold back the tears she put her head on the weed and started crying.

A/N
This is a short chapter. The second chapter in one day. Here as I'm writing @sliverLyrebird is blowing up my notification bell with votes for previous chapters... Thank you all for voting. Be free to let me know what you think about my book. My heart is full of appreciation right now. ♥♥♥♥.