Chapter 19

Unedited 23/10/2021

Jesreen was tired of being asked about her parents. She was not the first young person to live on her own.

Was the pain of her parent's absence so evident that everyone keeps asking about them?

Hearing the song that they danced to on his birthday, she gladly capitalizes on it as a perfect reason for not answering him.
  "Do you remember that song, let's dance."

Just like the night of his party, she fits perfectly in his arms. He felt so muscular, so strong. He feels like he could keep away all her problems. All her pain, her fears, her sorrows, all her unsure about the future.

She would love to spend the rest of her life in his protective arms, and then, the song came to an end.  They step back with their eyes glued to each other.

He then pulls her back to him. He was staring at her, mostly focusing on her lips as if he was about to kiss her.

  "NO!" She screamed in her mind, but no sound passed her lips. She was only saying no in her mind, but she wanted to kiss him as well.

Everything standstill as his lips touched hers. She could feel the kiss traveling from her lips to every being of her body. She did not want that feeling to stop. He pulled her even closer while she put her arms around his neck, giving him access to her mouth.

Nothing else mattered, no one else mattered. Only Kevin and her baby... her baby.

She pulled back. She pulled back so hard; she lost her balance. If it had not been for Kevin's quick reflex and his strong arms, she would be on the ground.

  "Can you take me home?"
  "I'm sorry, I should not have."
  "Don't worry about it. I'm just tired, I really would like to go home."

Kevin felt so bad, he does not know what came over him, he knew she was not ready, and he still kissed her. He blew it.

He can't blame her if she does not want to talk to him again. He does not know why when he is around her, he can't think straight. The smallest decision baffles him.

They found the guys and let them know they were leaving. He then leads her to the car. The crowd was thinning so they had no difficulty reaching the car in utter silence.

In the car she tried to smile, telling him she was ok, but he knew she was not. When he pulled up at her gate, he tried to apologize again but she cut him off.

Hugging her stuffed toys close to her, she thanked him for a great night and went inside.

Kevin was really hard on himself. He picked up a smiling Jesreen and dropped off a sad Jesreen. He had planned on keeping her smile intact, it was working until he kissed her. He took a deep breath and drove off.

Jesreen watched him through the window until he drove off. She could not believe he kissed her, could not believe he likes her.

She tried so hard to convince herself that he was only been nice to her. She wanted to hold on to him forever, but it would not be fear to him.

He deserves someone he could go out with, and have fun with someone to build a life together. Not someone to burden him with a baby and all her problems. Not someone to make him unhappy as she did earlier.

It is better this way; she will always put her baby first. That is the way it will always be. There is no changing that, she thought on her way upstairs.

She spent the following morning in bed resting. She felt bad about the way she upset Kevin the night before. She liked him, but she knew they could not be together. She has to get him to understand.

She went to work in the evening. The diner was quiet with everyone enjoying themselves on the second night of the festival.

She wondered if Kevin was enjoying himself, not knowing that Kevin was at home, busily trying to figure out a way to make her happy.

A/N look what is going on over here. Three updates in two days. 🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊. Thank you'll for your support.