Chapter 52

Unedited 23/9/23 

Christoph hoped he could convince her to go with his plans. 
     "I won't be gone as long as the first time. I will be leaving tomorrow evening and be back by Wednesday evening." He wanted to spend more time. A lot more time, but that does not matter. With Jesreen's accident, he can't bear to stay away. 

     "Mrs. Henry offerors to assist in any way she cou..."
     "Dad, that won't be necessary. I will be okay here; I don't want to be a bother..."
     "Bother. A bother to who? Mom will be happy to have you. Since I left for college, Mom has been like a setting flow who can't find her nest. She would be happy to find someone to mother."

     "But..."
     "No buts Jesreen, if you won't stay with Mom, I will take a few days off..."
     "NO!" This time Jesreen and her father were the ones in the choir.
     "I can't afford you to miss your classes," Christoph said.

     "It will be better if I put off my trip."
     "Dad, I know if it was not important, you would not consider it in the first place. You have to go. I will go to Kavin's house."
     "Are you sure?"
     "Yes, I'm sure."

     "I will go and call the Henry's," Christoph said walking out of the room.
     "I'm glad you changed your mind. I will go now so you can get some rest. Get better because our plans are postponed until next Saturday."

     "Kavin." She calls his name so gently that he feels butterflies in his belly. She does everything gently, he thought. He has never seen so much emotion in her eyes, gratitude, respect, appreciation, could there be more. Could she finally see him as more than a friend? He dear not hope, just in case he was reading too much into what he was seeing.

     "I will never be able to put into words how much I appreciate what you did."
     "Jesreen, I would get you even if the car was on fire." Kavin stepped closer to the bed and held her hand. He did something he told himself he wouldn't ever do again until he initiated. He puts his lips on hers, she does not pull away. 

He pulls away, and she puts her hand on his face and looks deep into his eyes. He no longer has to wonder about the other emotion he was seeing in her eyes earlier. He had to use all his willpower to step back. He already overstepped, he knew she was experiencing a lot of emotion right now. He has to keep a clear head.

Kavin was right, Mrs. Henry was more than happy to have Jesreen over, she told Christoph he could stay as long as he wanted.  Although he knew she was in capable hands, Christoph could not bring himself to stay longer than he had to.  

Mrs. Henry waited on Jesreen's hand and feet, she wanted to know if she was warm enough, or if she was too hot. If she wanted something to drink; hot or cold. If she wants to go in the garden or on the porch. She was on her way out to the garden to find out if Jesreen wanted anything for the third time in half-hour time when Mr. Henry called her to sit beside him.

Feeling tired, Jesreen went to bed early. The following day she went to the kitchen to find a breakfast fit for royalty. Mrs. Henry was calmer non the same. They talked about what being pregnant meant to each of them. The changes their body went through. The mood swings. Cravings. The excitement and anxiety as they get closer to the due date. 

Sammy and Deon promised to take her out baby shopping when she was strong enough. She was glad she decided to stay with the Henrys. As caring and loving as her father was, it was not the same as getting some motherly love, and she let Mrs. Henry know this much. This let her long for her mother even more. 

     "You still have not told her about the baby?"
     "No. I'm starting to have second thoughts, but the fact that I have not told her already, it seems the only sensible thing to do right now is to stick to my plans. I already told my brother and sister I had a great surprise for them, she just did not realize that it was a big surprise for her as well.