Chapter 16

Unedited 15/10/2021

After two eventful days and not getting as much sleep the night before, Jesreen slept like a baby, thinking of one additional person while smiling herself to sleep.

She woke up feeling well-rested. She had her Gyno appointment that day at 10:00. Her Gyno asked her some of the same questions as he did the month before.

He also asked her for some new ones. He also asked if she was taking her vitamins as instructed, getting as much sleep, and eating healthy. All of which her answer was yes.

They did an ultrasound. Having been reading so much about pregnancy, she knew what to expect on the monitor. It was so relaxing, just lying down and listing to her baby's heartbeat.

She asked the Gyno a few questions, most of which she already know the answer to from reading. She asked because she did not want her Gyno to think she was not interested in the development of her baby.

On her way out she set an appointment for the following month. She hopes she will be able to know the sex of her baby. She has no preference.

Girl or boy will be just fine. As long as he or she was healthy, and the doctor said its development so far was perfectly fine.

The rest of the work week went by smoothly, Kevin called a few times to check up on her. She saw Jenny at the supermarket.

Billy came to the diner on what seemed like a date with real beauty.
She ran into Sammy and Chris at the pharmacy and all everyone was talking about was the upcoming festival.

Friday morning while getting ready for work, Jesreen looked at herself in the mirror. Now at 15 weeks, her bludge was definitely getting big.

She put her hand on her belly while she spoke to her baby as she has been doing every day lately.

Telling him/her how much she loves her. She promised to be a great mother to her unborn child.
'I'm going to take you to see your grandma, aunty, and uncle. I will also take you to see your grandpa.' She told her baby.

She gets ready for work thinking about Kevin and the rest of the guys. It was a busy morning for her mind to be occupied by her baby, her friends, and her family.

Memories of the two times she and her parents came to the festival keep flooding her. It was going to be a long weekend.

She was not sure if she still wanted to go to the festival, but she promised the guys. They will be having so much fun, they won't even miss her. She tried to convince herself.

She wanted to just go to work, go home and just curl up in bed. She looked at the photos on the bedside table and hurried out of the house.

She gets the diner ready for business and before you know it, all the tables were full of tourists who decided to fill their bellies and let it digest before they go on the rides.

Work was so busy busy, she did not realize the morning was moving so fast. Before she knew it, it was time to go home. She fully made up her mind. She was not going to the festival.

She was so tired; she went straight home. As she put the key in the door, she heard the phone ringing. She hurried inside and bearly caught it.

"Hello," she answered breathlessly.
"Hi Jesreen, sounds as if you were running a marathon.
"I was just opening the door when I heard the phone ringing.

"Sorry. Just wanted to find out what time you will be coming to the festival. I could pick you up, so you won't have to worry about traffic or parking.

"Kevin, I'm so tired, I was planning on calling it an early night.
"You are not planning on coming?" Kevin was trying to figure out if he understood what she was saying.

"No Kevin, I'm too tired."
Kevin wondered if it was because she was tired or if it was because the festival was bringing back too many memories of her parents.

He was looking forward to spending the evening with her, but he does not want to push her only for her to spend the night unhappy.

But then again, if she was at the festival, he could cheer her up. Something he could not do if she was at her home all along.

A/N
I can't emphasize how much your reads, vote, and comments are appreciated. Thank you one and all.