Chapter 9

Unedited 13/9/2021

  "Tell you what, don't answer, think about it. Tomorrow I will be talking to you anyhow, you can answer me then."
  "Ok, thank you so much for coming to my rescue."
  "My pleasure malady," he said mimicking a bow, sitting around the steering. 
  "I will call you tomorrow to let you know what Mr. Reid's verdict is."    
  "Thank you again tomorrow." He watched her until she waved, and the door was locked behind her.

Why does this have to happen now Jesreen wondered. She was settling in just fine and she was starting to like to let the neighborhood, even though she was missing her mother and she was starting to feel guilty for leaving her father.

He needed her and she just up and left. Well, he is a grown man, he had to figure his way out. She left because she had to think about her baby who can't look out for himself or herself. She does not want her baby around the constant verbal disrespect that her father was always issuing out. Maybe if he knew about the baby it would change his behavior, she second-guessed herself. When the baby's here she will take him or her to look for him.

Thinking about that she started to wonder if it was a boy or a girl. She was looking at your naked body in the mirror, looking at her bulge. She finds herself doing that a lot these days.

Seeing her body change shape made her start thinking of the baby as a little person and not just 'something that happened to her.' She even started to get excited thinking about holding her baby in her arms. She has to start thinking about a name, and the nursery to prepare and get things for the newborn.

She has been reading every free moment she gets. She feels as if she knows everything to expect and everything to do even though she was still nervous about being a mother. The good thing is she was old enough to remember to help and to remember her mother when she had Josh and Kamisha.

Her second appointment was coming up. Her first appointment went uneventful. The Gyno asked her a lot of questions, check her vitals, did some blood work, and all.  He said that everything was okay. He advised her to take her vitamins and get as much rest as possible and make an appointment for one month time at the nurse's desk on her way out.

For the past few weeks, Jesreen cried herself to sleep. Since her body started changing and she started thinking about holding her baby, she sometimes smiles herself to sleep. Sometimes both, tonight was one of those nights. She cried for her parents and smile for her baby and went to sleep.

  "You are up early this morning; one would not think you came in almost 12 last night.
  "Good morning mom, can Kenrick move back in with us?"
  "What are you talking about?"
  "Mom I could hold Kendra for the entire day and not be tired."

  "Somebody has baby fever, your niece has you wrapped around her fingers." Mrs. Henry laughed.

  "So, you fell in love, is that the reason why you came home so late last night?  You could not pull yourself away from the lovely lady?" Kevin blushed.
  'Well, I had to help a damsel in distress last night which is why I'm up so early.
  "I have to get Mr. Reid to go and look at Jesreen's car this morning.

Kevin went into more detail, explaining to his mother how he saw Jesreen's car break down on his way home, giving her all the details except the part where Jesreen was crying which means he also left out the part about him holding her in his arms.

"Ok, so it was a different lady love which causes you to be home last night Mrs. Henry teased.
  "You like her, don't you?"
  "Yes, I do."
  "Have you told her?"
  "No."
  "Why not?"
  "She has something that is bothering her. I think her parents are dead or something equally bad. Whenever I mention her parents, she would get very sad.

Sometimes when I am not the diner, I see her looking at the door as if she is expecting to see someone, sometimes a look on her face said she would not want to see that person, and the next time the look said she would want to see the person. I'm not sure if those looks are for the same person or two different persons."

  "I remember the first time I saw her, Mom if you had seen her, your heart would have been broken to see the amount of sadness in her eyes. She stayed at the motel I was working while I was at Kenrick I was so surprised a few days later I saw her in town."

  "You remember the lady who came to buy the house Jesreen now lives in?"
  "Yes, I do, she was such a nice lady. She said she and her family would be moving out within a few weeks that's about a year now always wondered what happened to her. She seems so excited to move."

"Jesreen looks so much like her." Kevin picks up.
  "If she was so excited to move, why didn't she? Why did an entire year pass and she never show up? Then a young sad girl that resembles her came to live in it, all by herself?"

A/N
This is my longest chapter yet. Thank you to everyone who gives this book a chance. All they read, all the votes, I appreciate it. I enjoyed writing this book I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. ♥♥♥♥