Chapter 48

Unedited 16/9/23

 "I have a surprise for you later," her father announces as she enters the kitchen.
     "For me?
     "Well, the surprise is for you; the reason for the surprise is for me," he answered, laughing.
Jesreen could not help laughing at his excitement.
     "Ok, I'm looking forward to your surprise," she smiled.
     "I will be heading out early today," she continued. 

     "Ok, I will see you later, be safe."
     "Have a great day, Dad," she yelled as she rushed out the door.
     "I plan to," he shouted back.

Christoph left out early that morning as well. He bought a car a few days earlier; he has been making some changes to it. He will be talking it home that day. He won't have to bother Jesreen anymore. He knows she is going to be happy for him later. The day turned out great, after fishing up his car, he worked on other cars at the garage. 

He drove his baby home, did some work on the house, and cooked until Jesreen came home.  He also made his call, that call he made every day, following up after his trip. He will have to leave sometime the following week. Although he wishes he was, he won't be staying so late this time.

They were lost and had no idea where they were or where they were going. The fact that they were drinking, and it was raining made matters worse. His girlfriend was out cold on the passenger seat beside him. She drank more than she had ever drank before. His friend in the back seat and his friend's girlfriend did not drink that much, his friend tried to convince him it was not safe for him to drive, to let him drive, but to no avail. 

It was Friday and Jesreen was looking forward to seeing Kavin for the weekend. The calmer things get in her life, the more she thinks about Kavin. They enjoyed each other's company the previous weekend and they made plans to spend the following day together. Just the two of them, they had not been spending much time with each other with college and all that was going on.

After work, on her way to class, it started to rain. Classes were going great for her, she spoke to her professor about her doing classes from home, that way, she will be able to get more rest.

Jesreen hates driving in the rain, she just wanted to be home, warm and cozy. As she approached a corner, out of nowhere, a car from the opposite direction was on her side, luckily for her, the driver was able to control the car. Before she could take a breath of relief, she realized that she was losing control of her car from her attempt to avoid the collision a few seconds before.

Just like every other weekend, Kavin was so excited to be home. after a week of intense studying and sitting in classes for hours, he was looking forward to spending the weekend with Jesreen and filling up his mother's cooking. Looking forward to spending the weekend with the guys, they missed the twins a lot the week before.

This week, he and Jesreen were going to spend the day together. Finding out she was pregnant did not let him feel for her any less, if anything, he felt for her more. seeing how strong she was, pregnant, working, and going to school. She is so dedicated and hard-working. She was going to be a great mother. 

It has been raining for some time, Kavin realized the closer he got to home, it's the header it rains. As he passed the turn to Jesreen's street, he could not help but smile, envisioning the following day when he would be picking her up. He was thinking about hearing her voice over the phone when he reached home, his thoughts were disrupted when he noticed a light up ahead as if someone stopped by the side of the road.

He drove slower than he was already driving to see if everything was okay. As he got closer, he noticed the car was right up by the big rock right by the side of the road. He could not see much but could not continue without seeing if anyone needed assistance. As he came to a stop, he felt a lump in his throat realizing that it was Jesreen's car.