Chapter 20

Unedited 31/10/2021

Kevin did not leave his home Saturday; he hardly even left his room.

Kevin's father saw his sadness and knew it had something to do with that Jesreen girl. He tried to talk to him bus Kevin was in no talking mood.

Sunday morning, Kevin could not keep it any longer, he asked his mother.
  "What did you and Jesreen speak about last Sunday?"

His mother was also aware of the mood he was in from the day before and knew it had something to do with Jesreen.

She also knew it was not her place to tell him. Jesreen has to be the one to tell him.
  "Son, you have to talk to Jesreen about that. I'm sorry, I can't tell you.

  "Why did she tell you what was bothering her, and she won't tell me?" He was thinking aloud, not really, asking his mother.

  "She did not tell me, I figured it out, as lest, apart. I gave her some motherly advice. It reminded her of her mother, which is why she was crying."

  "As a mother, I don't send your hurt and pain only. Don't pressure her, she will tell you when she is ready. She likes you; I know she does, just give her time."

Kevin was no closer to figuring out what was wrong with Jesreen after the chat with his mother.

What he also did not know was that Jesreen was at her home looking at her belly in the mirror, thinking that she had to tell him today, no later than today.

Which is why he is hearing the phone ringing. He would have ignored it and gone straight to his room if it had not been that his father was outside, and his mother was busy in the kitchen.

He answered.
  "Hello, good morning." Hearing his voice, Jesreen felt cold feet and wanted to hang up, but she knew she had to do this.

  "Hello, good morning, Kevin." Kevin's heart stood still when he heard her voice.

  "Hi Jesreen, how are you?" He breathlessly asked.
  "You asked me a question Friday night. If you are not busy, I would like to answer you today." Jesreen knew she had to get it out there before she changed her mind.

  "I don't have anything planned for the day," he said trying not to sound like a kid waiting on Christmas.
  "Ok, I will meet you at the meadow you showed me last Friday.

  "Ok, I will see you later." Kevin hangs up before he said something stupid.  A day has never moved as slowly as that Sunday did. He decided to pack a picnic basket and carry it with him.

Jesreen was so nervous, she has never told anyone the full story of her parents. She told one other person most but not all.

She knew she had to talk about it now if she was ever to move on with her life. She bottled up everything far too long, time to deal with it.

She tried to keep herself busy by doing some housework, but the day still moved incredibly slow.

She finally saw it was time to get ready. She wore no makeup. She pulled back her hair in a ponytail and put on a baby blue summer dress which has flowers around the tail and sleeves.

The body of the dress hugged her and was showing all her curves, including her new curve. She put on a soft sleeveless jeans jacket, not wanting Kevin to see her pregnancy before she told him.

She grabbed her keys and get in her car even though her mind was trying to convince her to go inside and curl up in bed. She started the car and heard a rumble in her belly.

She remembered she only had a light breakfast that morning. She was so preoccupied due to the day; she did not eat anything else.

Once more her mind told her to turn back but she continued on her way, telling herself she won't stay out long but she had to get this out of the way.

She had to let Kevin understand why they can't be together, she also wanted to tell him about the pregnancy... Her pregnancy before he sees it himself.

She checked her time before she moved out and see that she was a bit early. She will get a chance to enjoy mother nature before Kevin reach.

Pulling off the main she was surprised to see that his car was already there. As she stepped out of her car, she noticed a picnic blanket spread out beside his car with a basket sitting in the middle. Her belly leapt for joy.

A/N

Right now, my belly is wishing that basket was nearby.

Thank you, thank you for the reads, the votes the comments, and the corrections.

As always, Be safe out there ♥♥♥♥.