Chapter 28

Unedited 12/11/2021

Dinner was served in the kitchen around a small table. They all spoke about their week, and Jesreen was not left out of the conversation. She fits in perfectly as if she had always been a part of Sunday dinner.

When dinner was finished, Kevin reminds Jasmine that she was not going to be helping with the cleaning of the kitchen. He will help his mother.

  "I'm sure all the guys are at Willy's wondering what is keeping you both. I will help your mother with the kitchen. Jesreen, I would like to see you every Sunday for dinner, if that is not putting you out of your way. Mrs. Henry something gets lonely for female company." Mr. Henry intervened.

   "Thank you I appreciate your invitation and it will not be putting me out of my way." 

  "Kevin will be picking you up at 3 on Sundays enjoy your evening now don't you working too hard at the diner." With that, they left for the diner.

  "See dinner turned out great," Kevin said on their way.

  "Yes, it did," Jesreen said, sounding distanced.
  "What are you thinking about?"
  "The guys will be surprised when they see me." Don't worry it will be ok."
  "I know. Jesreen said, thinking about the new family she received.

When they reach Willy's, the guys had just reached as well and were still in the parking lot talking to each other. Sammy was the first to see Jesreen.

  "Jesreen, why didn't you tell us?" She asked hugging her with a big smile on her face. Everyone wanted to know to tell them what until Sammy released her.

  "Oh, a bun is in the oven. Kevin, is it yours?" Deon asked inappropriately.   
  "When are we going to have a baby to spoil," Jenny asked practically jumping up and down.

  "Not until next year."
  "Kevin, you did not answer me."
  "No, it is not Kevin's."
"I knew something had to be wrong for you to come down here from the Big Apple all by yourself like that."

  "Deon enough of you. Jesreen is it a boy or a girl?" Sammy wanted to know.
  "I don't know.  Maybe when I go for my next check-up, although I'm not sure if I want to know as yet."

  "Me sister..."
And they when on like that, standing in the car park for more than ten minutes. While the boys are standing to one side watching and knowing better than to try to interrupt ladies when they are excited about one of them being pregnant.

  "So, what are you going to do now that she's pregnant you are not still planning to be with her, I mean someone else...?"
  "Someone else what Bryan? someone else what? you're such a jerk." Chris said before Kevin could even respond.

  "You don't understand she is not the kind of girl you just want for sex. Not the kind of girl you cast aside because she's going through a rough time." Kevin said with his eyes glued to Jesreen.

  "You are right, she is pregnant, and she is going through a rough time with her folks. She is not at the place to be in a relationship right now, but I will be there when she is ready." still looking at Jesreen.

  "What is up with her folks, I thought they were dead with the way she reacted when anyone mentioned them."
  "I thought so too they are not, but they're pretty messed up."

  "They don't know about the baby?" Billy spoke for the first time since Jesreen and Kevin joined them.
  "No," Kevin answered.
  'A baby can sometimes fix messed up family." Kevin heard the sentence two times in one day.

  "Come on guys, Jesreen needs to get off her feet." Kevin stepped to them.   
  "I'm sorry for you pretty soon you won't be able to carry yourself because of this one." Sammy laughed. They all went inside, Jesreen order her double chocolate special, and everyone ordered what they wanted. They talked and laughed.

A/N

Two in one day. Enjoy everyone. ♥♥♥♥