Chapter 51

Unedited 21/9/23

     "Kavin!" Kavin heard his name as he walked through the hospital's main door.
     "She is awake. She is asking for you."
He runs back to her room. When he reached her room, the doctor was there with her. 
     "Mother and baby are doing well." The doctor volunteered as Mr. Jackson walked in.

   "We will be doing a few more tests to make sure everything is okay. We will also be keeping her overnight for observation. If everything remains the same, which we expect it to, she will be able to go home. She will have to get some rest before she resumes her routine." The doctor added.

     "She will be getting all the rest she wants and more. Thank you, Doc," Christoph grinned. The doctor then left and Jesreen turned her attention to Kavin.
     "Thank you for everything."
     "Thank you for waking up."

     "What happened, how did you lose control of the car?" Christoph asked.
she told them about the other car and how she lost control trying to avoid a head-on.
     "So, the monster did not even stop?" Kavin asked angrily.
     "I don't think they knew I was in an accident. They passed me just before the corner, so by the time I hit the rock, they would have already gone around.

They were talking when the baby decided that they were going to be a part of the celebration of their mother being awake. They started dancing around in her belly. Christoph asked Kavin to stay with her for him to make a call.  He was in a hurry to share the good news of Jesreen being awake.

They also discuss whether or not he should keep his appointment the following week for the trip. If he did not go it would cause a delay which he did not want, but they did not want him to leave Jesreen.

By noon the following Jesreen was in bed, almost like her old self. Kavin and the guys came to visit her before they went to Mr. Willy's.
     "How is the baby?" Sammy asked.
     "She is fine, busy as ever."
     "Did you just say she, does that mean...?"
     "Yes, it's a girl. While I was in the hospital I decided to find out."

The girls tease the boys that they did not have anyone the teach football and all the other things they planned.
     "Don't worry, Sammy and Chris will soon give us our boy," Bryan said.
They did not stay long because they wanted her to get her rest.

While the guys were with Jesreen, Christoph went to make his call. To his surprise, he had to leave earlier than he expected.  He had papers he had to sign Tuesday morning, therefore, he had to leave Monday evening. He thinks about it long and hard, there is no way he is going to leave Jesreen now, but it's not like he can just decide he is not going to sign the papers. They were far too important.

He was surprised when he went to Jesreen's room, Kavin was there. He thought he left with the others. Seeing him gave Christoph an idea. Mrs. Henry was always insisting on him calling on her if he needed anything, he was going to have to take her up on her offer.

He had to discuss it with Jesreen to see what she thought. He was planning to wait until Kavin left but changed his mind. He knew he was going to need him to help convince her. She was a lot like her mother, but he also saw a little hint of his stubbornness in her. He has the feeling that he will be seeing more than a hint of what was about to suggest.

He had respect for the young man, he liked him. After what he did Friday, he respects him a lot more. Christoph did not bother with the small talk; he went straight to the point.
     "I just got information that I have to leave earlier than expected, tomorrow evening to be exact."
     "Jesreen can't be left alone," Kavin jumped in before he could add anything else.
     "I will be okay." 

     "No, you won't," they both course
    "I have something in mind, I want you to hear me out before you say anything.