Chapter 12

Unedited 28/9/2021

  "Thank you for taking me up on my offer, I hope you enjoy your visit. I would not want you having dinner all by yourself." Mrs. Henry greeted her with a bright smile and a hug.

  "That is not the only reason why she invited you, she wants to show off her perfect culinary skills." Announced a handsome coming from what appeared to be the kitchen.

Although Kevin looks so much like his mother, no one needed glasses to see that he was Kevin's father. They had the same air about them.

  "Don't mind him, he is a mischief-maker." Said Mrs. Henry who kissed him on her way to the kitchen.
  "Dad, I would like you to meet Jesreen. Jesreen, this is my father."
  "Nice meeting you Mr. Henry." Jesreen held out her hand but was drawn into a bear hug instead.

  "You are as beautiful as I was told." Kevin blushed and held onto Jesreen's hand.
  "Let's see what all the noise is about." he led her away from his father's laughter.

  "The ever-beautiful Jesreen is here, welcome to your first Henry's Grand Dinner Malady." Bryan greeted them with a bow as they entered the living room.
  "Thank you, My lord." She greeted back giving her best curtsy.

All the other greetings chipped in, they were busy chatting and laughing when Mrs. Henry announced.
  "Dinner in 10."

Seated at the head of the table was Mr. Henry who turned out to be a funny, loving fatherly man. The kind of man Jesreen knew her father would have been had it not been for the war.

Mrs. Henry was to his right and Kevin was beside her and then predictively Jesreen. Besides her was quite Billy. Sometimes she wonders how he was a part of this group with everyone always talking laughing and teasing each other. 

Contrastingly beside Billy was the troublemaker of the lot Deon. She was looking lovely with her shoulder-length red curls down. She was sporting a bright blue summer dress with a little white which looks lovely with her red hair. Her makeup was generously applied so that it was as bright as her hair and the blue in a dress. Overall, she was like I'm in the middle of summer flowers. One would even that all her colors clash.

No one sits at the other end of the table. On the other side of Mr. Henry was Bryan. Byrne was in what seemed like the male dinner uniform around the table t-shirt and jeans he and Mr. Henry seems to always know something the rest of them does not, there were always talking in a low voice and laughing.

Then there was the life of the party, Johnny and Jenny. Johnny was in his dinner uniform t-shirt and jeans.  Johnny was not a very handsome man, but his fun personality makes up for his looks and although more suttle more than Bryan, he was a charmer.

Jenny was his mirror except for a few male attributes shoulder-length off-black straight hair in a ponytail. She had on a lavender summer dress with baby blue butterflies. They were both busy talking about a summer they spend on their grandparent's Farm a few years ago, everyone was dying with laughter.

Everyone except Sammy and Chris who were sitting beside them were so caught up in each other, if the dining room was on fire they would not know.

Even in the heights of summer, Sammy has a baby's soft pale skin and Raven's black straight hair which was a little above her shoulder. You could lose yourself in her ocean-blue eyes, the way Chris is lost in them right now. The gods were generous with her natural beauty, she does not need makeup.

She was wearing a solid yellow summer dress with a fancy-cut neckline. Chris was looking great with his beach blonde hair in his dinner uniform.

They have a wonderful dinner. Chicken, fish, steak, salads, potato, biscuits, and wine. Red wine, and white wine, both of which Jesreen refused and settled for tonic water.

Deon as usual had to do what she does best.
  "So how is it that you are living in a new area by yourself? You have no family?" The trouble question follows right behind.
  "What happened to your parents?"  
  "Deon, I've told you to mind your own business," Sammy chipped in. Not expecting that question Jesreen did not know how to respond her eyes get dark and Misty when Mrs. Henry changed the subject.

  "Knowing that you guys will be going to Willy's for ice cream I decided to pass on dessert. I don't want to be the one to be blamed when you girls start putting on a few pounds around the waist as a result of double desserts.

A/N

This book coming together quite well if I may say so.

And guess what, I'm over 50 votes.
🎆🎆🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊🎊

Thanks to all who contributed. I'm grateful. Please continue reading, voting, and commenting. ♥♥♥♥