Chapter 30

Unedited 25/11/2021

  "Take care of yourself and do not work too hard. If you want anything, do not be afraid to call.
  "Thank you for a great day. Two months ago, you told me that today was my lucky day. I remember trying to decide at the time if it was a lucky day for me, or not."

  "Today, I know that it was. It was the day I made my first step to change my situation, and although I know I still have a far way to go, I also know that in the end, it's going to be okay. It was also the day I met you."

  "In the end, it is going to be okay.  Thank you for seeing meeting me as a lucky thing for you." They both said good night.

The past eight hours seem like a lifetime for both of them. Kevin now understands he can't pursue a relationship with Jesreen, at least not right now. Knowing what he now knows does not stop him from loving her.

It does not stop him from wanting to protect her and wanting to keep that smile in her eyes. Now to add to the list he also wanted to protect her baby.

As for Jesreen, she was just glad she decided to confide in Kevin. As she was expecting and happy for, it ended nothing as it did with Terry.

The following week went by like any other and before you know it, the weekend crept up. Kevin picked up Jesreen for dinner at 3 as planned. After having a great dinner, they went to Willy's for ice cream and to meet up with the guys.

  "So are you guys ready to be locked down, dedicating hours after hours to thinking and studying and answering questions and doing projects and..."
  "Ok, Johnny, they get it. Are you guys ready for college?" Jenny asked.

  "Everything is packed waiting for Kevin to come and pick me up in the morning," Billy answered.
  "And everything is packed just waiting for the day to light, my parents giving me farewell with a couple hours of reminders about what to do and what not to do. Then I pick Billy up and I'm gone." Everyone laughed at Kevin's answer.

He wanted to change his mind about boarding with everything that was going on with Jesreen but his parents convinced him not to. Reminding him that it will be coming home every weekend and that it was only 45 minutes' drive if anything comes up and he had to rush home.

Also points out that he only gets one opportunity of being a college student and they wanted him to enjoy it to its fullest. He still did not give in until his mom promised to take a personal interest in Jesreen's well-being and make sure she was fine when he was gone.

To top it off, Jesreen also promise him she was going to cut her hours and rest more. He still wishes he had not given in to them.

  "This is the good thing about being a second-year student, Brian and I will not be going in until next week." Deon smiled.

  "We have something to tell you guys." Everyone looked in Sammy and Chris's direction.
  "Chris and I will be opening the garden supply store that we are always talking about. Our parents saw that we did our research and finally, they see that we are serious and that it could be a great business opportunity. They will be financing it." Sammy beamed.

  "That is so good I am so proud of you guys, and I know it will work out well for you." Janny congratulated them. Everyone shared how happy they were for them.

  "So, everyone we will be home for weekends."
  "Yes." 
  "Except for Johnny and I." Everyone was now looking at Jenny and Johnny
  "We were accepted to the drama school in New York."
   "We are going to miss you guys, but we are so excited." Sammy let them know.
  "Don't worry we have a few weeks; we are not leaving until the middle of October. The guys were so excited for them because they knew they were both working so hard that they left school so they could have the money to go.

  "After I cut my hours at the diner, I know I could not spend all this time in bed so I decided I was going to do something that I can sit while I do it." Now everyone was looking at Jesreen.

A/N

Now, I promise one more chapter today and just in the nick of time. Read, vote, and enjoy.