Chapter 25

Unedited 09/11/2021

Kevin's mood transforms into anger.
  "Did he rape you?" He was surprised at how calm his voice was. He knew if Terry was anywhere near him, it would be entirely different.

  "No." She answered just as calmly but her voice was as cold as ice.
  "I was depressed and needed comfort and he was more than happy to comfort me."

  "I did something stupid that night and I have to pay the consequence for the rest of my life. At least my consequence is an Angel. An Angel I was not ready for but I will be ready when they arrive."

Kevin was looking at her a little confused. Wondering if it was what he thought, but she did not look like...
  "A few weeks later..." She continued.
  "I found out that I was pregnant. When I told Terry he said he was not ready to be a father, so I was to take care of it."

  "I later found out that he was in a bet with my ex and a few others.  It started with them teasing him about how long we were together, and he was not able to have his way with me. He in return bet that none of them would be able to either."

  "My ex was disappointed with my actions. He wanted me to feel bad, so he told me in full detail about the bet and the details which Terry related to them about the night. About me crying on his shoulder about losing my family and the details about what happened next."

Kevin could not listen any longer. He got up and walked away from her with his hands in his pockets and his head held down. Jesreen was thinking how disappointed he was and no longer wanted anything to do with her anymore when he turned around.

His face was twisted with pain. He walked back to her and kicked an empty container that was at the end of the blanket.

  "If I could get my hands on this Terry and your ex I would..." He could not finish his thoughts.
  "How could they think that treating you like that, disrespecting you like that is cool?" He was so angry.

  "Did your dad know?"
  "No, his drinking periods were getting longer. I don't even know if I had tried to explain to him what was going on with me if he would understand."

  "And your mother?"
  "I did not tell her either. Before my eighteenth birthday, I told my mother that when I turn eighteen, I was going to live in the house she bought because I could not live with my father anymore."

  "She thinks I am still her baby, and it broke her heart that my father and I were not getting along. When we talk, she still tells me stories about him as usually do when we thought he was dead."

  "She has forgiven him for what he did, she still loves him despite everything, thinking that one day he will come to his senses and realize what he did."

  "She gave me her blessing to come to live down here after I convinced her to allow me to. Upon getting her blessing, I changed my mind so many times. I could not bear to leave my father, but I also knew I did not want to raise my baby around his behavior."

  "After so many times changing my mind, I resigned from my job, and packed some personal things in my car, including all the things I got for my birthday the previous year. I also packed my mom's personal things which she left back."

  "I wrote my dad a letter and left. I don't know if he had found the letter. I called him a few times, but he did not pick up. I call my neighbor from time to time who told me she has been seeing him in and out of the house to and from the bar, so I guess nothing has changed there."

  "The day you saw me at the motel was my eighteenth birthday. The day you saw me at the supermarket was the day I reached here."
  "You drove all the way here?"
  "Yes, I did."

  "I told you all this because I'm done letting this control my life. I have to be mentally strong for my baby and I know that talking about it is the beginning of my healing process. Also, for you to understand why we can't be together." She looked at him, hoping that he would understand.

A/N

The end of the next great chapter. All that is out there. Time for our Jesreen to move on.

Thank you for your continuous read and vote. Be safe out there ♥♥♥♥.