Chapter 43

Unedited: 7\6\23

True to what Christoph told Mrs. Henry the week before, they did not stop by for dinner the following Sunday.  Jesreen and the guys met up for ice cream in the evening.

Christoph was glad the offer was on the table to stop by when they wanted as Mrs. Henry was a great cook.

His Jesreen was talented around the stove as well. Thanks, no doubt to Megan, who was also a great cook, and he knew she thought Jesreen.

He was surprised to find out that cooking was like riding a bike. The instant he went around the stove, it all came rushing back, although he was no match to the women.

Everyone settled into their new routine quite well, and as you know it is time for the grand opening of C&S Gardening Supplies. It was a very busy and emotional weekend.

The housewives were looking forward to its opening, they will be able to conveniently grab supplies instead of waiting until they go to the city.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Getting ready for the opening, Jesreen reminded herself that she has to go shopping soon. Nothing seems to fit anymore. Her belly gets big, which causes a big challenge to find anything to wear when going out.  Jesreen's mother left some of her things in the rush to pack. Jesreen took them when she moved, she checked to see if there was anything in them to fit.

To her delight, she found a blue summer dress her mother loved wearing thought out her two pregnancies. On the front, as if it was not already obvious the wearer was pregnant, there was a pic of a pregnant lady holding a baby carriage with the words baby on board printed on the carriage. 

The dark skin Hispanic lady in the pic wearing a yellow dress seems so real. That was Jesreen's choice of dress for the farm store's opening. As she started down the stairs, her father who was just coming to call her froze. he looked as if he saw a ghost, all the color drained from his face. 

   "Dad, are you ok?"                                                                                                                                                                 "Dad, what's wrong?"                                                                                                                                                           "Where did you get that dress?"                                                                                                                                       "It was moms, she used to wear it when she was pregnant."                                                                             "I bought it for her when she was pregnant with you."                                                                                         "Now I understand why she is always telling me that it's older than me."                                                                        

They both went to the opening lost in there though, which happens to be the same thing. Megan. Mom. Christoph hopes he gets that call by Monday. With each day, he realizes the mistake he made with Megan even more.

As planned, they all reached early so they will be able to help in whatever way they could, which there was no need for. When they reached everything was put together; well organized. 

This is what you call from a pin to an anchor. With a yard sale, everything was organized in their area. Gardening tools, plant food, pots, plants, soil, manure, fungus control, you name it, you get it. A wide variety of shapes, colors, styles, and sizes.

Sammy was as busy as a bee, checking and double-checking everything which was already perfectly displayed, and happily so. On her face is a smile as bright as the sun, which in return makes Chris as happy. his bride-to-be was happy.

    "Will you calm down"? Chris at one point held on to her and asked.                                                              "I want everything to be perfect."                                                                                                                                    "Everything is perfect. you are perfect." He kissed her.

It was getting close to opening time and little by little, people were streaming in. Jesreen was surprised to realize that she knew everyone, not only because the town was small, but because of her work. The wives believe in home-cooked meals, but now and then they eat out as a treat, a birthday, or some other celebration. Overall, the turnout was great.

Not only were they selling, but they were also offering the best practice tips and had answers to their customer's questions. at the end of the day, just about everyone was cleared from the yard, the store was stocked and was waiting for business Monday morning.

Jesreen herself was surprised at the number of things she and her father was packing in her car; her father and Kavin to be exact. She remembered what Sammy said a few weeks before, about Kavin not allowing her to carry herself, now, he was joined by her father.