Chapter 22

Unedited 02/11/2021

"I remember her." She looked at him.
"When she came to buy the house, I meet her. My mother was helping Mrs. Wilkins's daughter to pack her personal things after Mrs. Wilkins passed."

"My mother was on the committee; they have a program that feeds and clothed the homeless. I was there as their muscles."

"I remember thinking how beautiful she was. Not just her physical beauty but she has this air about her that make everything around her beautiful."

"That's my mother alright. Makes this world a beautiful place."
"She talked a lot about her kids and Christoph. Is Christoph your younger brother and sister's father?"
"No, that's my father," she said with a sad smile.

"I did not know she didn't move in. A few weeks later I went to spend a year with my brother. I did not come back until you came here."

"The day after she bought the house, just like the day before, all she talked about was the house and my father. Jason, that's my brother and sister's father was on one of his extended business trips in Jamaica. The company he worked with has shares in a hotel along the 7 miles beach in Negril Jamaica."

"I remember the day just like it was yesterday...." Kevin braced himself for the bad news, Jesreen's beautiful mother's face flashed before his eyes.

"...we were talking and making plans about us moving. Planning on all the things we would be doing for the summer."

"Josh went to get his ball from the front lawn. He wanted to show us how far in the sky he will throw it when we come down. 'Mom! Someone is here to see you' he shouted from the front."

"Mom went to see who it was, and I heard her scream." Kevin knew what was coming next. Jesreen's eyes were full of tears.

"I ran around the front to see what was wrong, my mother was lifeless on the ground and a man was stooping beside her. The man stood up with her, and that's when I realized, she fainted."

"When the man stood up, I understood why she fainted. He looked just like my father. My father never told me he had a twin brother. My mother obviously did not know about this twin either."

"When he saw me, he just stood there looking at me. I wanted to go to my mother, but I could not move. This man being back so many memories of my father and a flood of pain overcame me. Seeing my father's twin makes me miss my father even more."

  "My mother woke up in his arms with him still standing and looking at me. My mother looked up at him and whispered, 'Christoph.'"

  "Christoph, I could not believe it. He was not my uncle. He was my father, standing before us. Ten years after we were told he was dead."

Kevin was now confused; this was not what he was expecting. He wondered if she got back her father, only to lose both her parents after. Jesreen saw the confusion on his face, so she gave him more details.

  "We were told his plane was shot out of the sky and there were no remains to bury."

  "We went inside, and he was telling us how much he missed us, how happy he was coming home to us."

  "Josh and Kameisha came into the living room, Josh asked. 'Mom, who is this?'. My father stopped in mid-sentence."

  "Mom? Is this your son?" My dad asked. His face was twisted in a way that scared me.
  "My Mom nodded her head, not being able to answer with her mouth."

  "'And your daughter?' He looked at Kameisha with the same expression. Mom only nodded again.  'You have kids, you promised you would wait on me.' 'I was told you were dead ten years ago.' My Mom cried."

A/N Thank you for giving my book a chance. Be safe out there always.