Say Something

He wants to be with me, or so he says. Why the hell couldn't he have said that in the first place. Why did another dude getting touchy feely at a party have to make him tell me how he really feels. Guys are idiots. I don't even know how to respond. It's what I've always wanted to hear, but do I really just jump into his arms and say yes? I need more time to think.

"Why are you telling me this now Cameron? We've been hanging out for months and it's been beyond a friendship. I'm feeling you and you're feeling me. Everyone around us can see that. Why now are you telling me how you feel?" I asked still trying to collect my thoughts.

He sighed and leaned across the table, "Blue. I don't know what else you want me to say..."

"Just be real with me Cameron. Don't tell me what I want to hear. Tell me how you really feel. Like do you really want this, "an us," a Cameron and Blue?" I asked.

He nodded his head, "Yes Blue. If you would give me a chance to make this a "we," a Cameron and Blue then yes I do want to be with you. We started out as friends and we've gotten closer and spend the majority of our time together. If you want to remain as that fine. I understand if you don't want to jeopardize messing up our friendship. I also know that you can turn off how you feel about me and neither can I."

After he said that I sunk down into my chair. He was right. I can't turn my feelings off, trust me I've tried.

"So what exactly are you saying Cameron," I asked with a sly grin.

He laughed, grabbed my hands and pulled me closer and kissed me. Wow, he really kissed me. No this isn't my first kiss, but it's a different type of kiss. Woah.

"Will you be my girlfriend Blue?" he asked staring at me.

How could I tell him no?

"Cameron. You're right I can't turn off my feelings, but I just need a little bit of time to think about this. Not a lot, but I just need some time to think. Could you give me that?" I asked.

He sat back and nodded, "Yes I can give you that."

He leaned back across the table and kissed me once again and I got that same feeling. He stood up and put his hand out to me. I stood up and he pulled me close and whispered, "I don't want to ever lose someone like you Blue. I really care about you. Whatever decision you make you're stuck with me. Friend or boyfriend, whatever you choose, I love being around you Blue. Hit me later."

With that he kissed my forehead and left leaving me there stuck more than I was when I first got here. I had to sit back down. I wanted to walk and clear my head, but I had to talk to someone. Not my mom, not uncle Ye, not Egypt, but my dad. I needed my daddy.

|Jay's POV|

I was in my office just working on some paperwork when my cell went off. I looked to see Blue was calling me. It's rare that she calls me so it must be important.

"Hey baby girl," I said.

"Daddy. I need to talk to you," she said as if her voice was cracking which instantly put me on high alert.

I knew she went out to see Cameron to talk and my gut told me something happened at the party. I swear if that boy hurt her I will hunt his ass down.

"Daddy," she said again bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah baby girl. Where are you?" I asked.

"Starbucks not too far from home. I can meet you back at the house," she replied.

"No, no. Sit tight. I'll be there to get you," I said.

"Daddy, it's ok. You're probably at work. I didn't mean to bother you. I'll just talk to you later," she said as her voice sounded farther away. I knew she was about to hang up.

"Blue, don't hang up! I said I'll be there. Just sit tight," I said hanging up.

I quickly put away what I was working on and told my assistant to hold off any calls that I may have for the rest of the day and tomorrow. I headed down to my car and decided to call Bey and see what she knew before I got to Blue.

"Hey baby," she answered

"Hey. Blue just called me wanting to talk. What the hell is going on with her and Cameron. I know she talked to you, but now she wants to talk to me so I know it's serious. I swear Bey, if that boy hurt her..."

She cut me off before I could even finish talking and said, "Jay, calm down. Cameron didn't do anything to her, but I know she went to talk to him about something that happened at the party. Look it was nothing bad and he didn't do anything to her. She should explain it to you babe. I'm glad she's finally coming to talk to you."

"Come on babe, just tell me," I replied.

I knew Bey was shaking her head before she responded, "Nope. You have to talk to Blue. I love you and I'll see you when you two get home. I'm at my moms right now."

I sighed and said, "Alright, have my dinner ready when I get home."

She laughed and replied, "Yeah, right. Love you."

"Love you more," I said and ended the call.

I pulled up in front of Starbucks to see Blue waiting outside. She wasn't crying or anything, but I could see from her face a lot was on her mind. She spotted my car and walked over. Well, let's see how this goes.