Daddy Has the Final Say

|Blue's POV|

I woke up and looked at the clock on my wall. Shit it was 10am. I'm late to school. I jumped up, took a quick shower, and got dressed. I grabbed my book bag and ran downstairs. I saw my parents in the kitchen.

"Why didn't you guys wake me up for school?" I asked.

My dad shrugged his shoulders and answered, "Not our responsibility. Have a good day."

He got up from the table and walked towards his office. I looked at my mom with pleading eyes and she shook her head at me.

"You can use the house phone to call for a ride," she said getting up and leaving the kitchen as well.

Like are they for real right now. They're really taking this punishment to the extreme. First off this weekend was a complete blow. They weren't out and Jr. did too, but for me to be an "adult" for the next two weeks I got sent to my grandmothers like a toddler. Boy did she go off on me.

I called Egypt for a ride, but no answer. I tried calling uncle Ty, but he told me he was busy. I called Cameron hoping he would answer. Thankfully I had his number memorized.

"Hello," he answered.

"Cameron, it's Blue. Are you busy?" I asked.

"Not at the moment, wassup," he said with concern.

I sighed and said, "I was wondering if you could give me a ride to school."

"You're like two hours late Blue," he replied.

"I'll explain everything. Just please can you give me a ride. I'll pay you?" I said pleading.

"I don't want your money. I'm on my way, be ready," he replied and the call ended.

I heard a horn beep 20 minutes later. I looked at the clock and it was now 11am. I explained to him the situation and he just shook his head at me.

"You know you're smarter than that," he said taking a quick glance at me.

I leaned back in the seat and said, "Well yeah. There's nothing I can do about it now."

"SInce I'm such a great friend, I'll help you out with rides to where you gotta go," he added.

I smiled and said, " Really? Thank you so much."

"Be happy I'm not charging you," he said with a smirk.

He started laughing and I punched him in his arm.

He pulled up to the school and said, "I'll be here to get you when you get out. You have practice today?"

I shook my head, "No tomorrow and Thursday. I have a tutoring session after then I need to go grocery shopping though."

"I'm at your service. You owe me big time for this one," he said.

I got out the car and said, "I know, I know. Thanks again."

He shooed me away and I rushed into school signing in. I made it to my 4th class right before lunch. I grabbed something quick to eat at lunch and went back to my other teachers to get the homework for the day. The rest of the day went fine. Cameron picked me up and took me home for my tutoring lesson. Surprised I still have them since I'm an "adult" for two weeks. Then again my dad knows how much I hate these sessions so anything to make me miserable during this punishment. We worked two hours on SAT stuff that I would be taking sometime in the Spring. My tutor left at 5:30 and I heard the doorbell ring. I opened it to see Cameron.

"I thought you'd be done by now. Ready to roll?" he asked.

I nodded and responded, "Yeah, let me grab my wallet."

We headed off to the grocery store. I got enough stuff to last me for 2 weeks. I went to the register and it came out to over a little over $300. I know that might seem excessive, but it's times like this I hated eating healthy. I went to pull out the black card until I remembered my dad cut me off. I handed over my debit. I was now down to under $200.

Cameron carried everything to the car for me and we got back to my house at around 7:30pm.

When we pulled up to my house Cameron stopped me before I could get out. "Listen, these two weeks should fly by, but in the meantime try to get back in the good graces of your parents. Show them that you can do this. They won't forgive you that easily and will never forget, but hold on to that $200. Do not keep buying stuff. You have more than enough to last you two weeks."

"Look at you giving me advice," I said giving a smirk of my own.

He shook his head at me, "You have the world Blue. Get your head straight and stay out of trouble."

He got out and carried my bags to the door for me. He gave me a hug and went back to his car. I drug everything in the house and opened the fridge.

"There's a shelf for you to put stuff," my mom said as she walked in the kitchen.

I nodded my head and put my groceries away. Once I was done, I headed to my room. I set my alarm on my new clock that I just bought so I could be on time for school tomorrow. I took a shower and looked at the clock to see it was close to 9:00. I still had quite a bit of homework to do and I hadn't eaten. I got up and warmed up one of my burritos and got to work. It took me 2 hours to finish everything. I set my alarm for 5:30 knowing it would take me forever to get up.

This week is going to be hard since I don't have a phone, no computer, no nothing. I have to get to school early to get to the computer lab to type and print my stuff. I hope I can last. I really do. I'll have to. I'll do anything and everything to prove my parents wrong.

A WEEK LATER

It's been a rough week and a half and I only have a few more days left of my punishment. My parents haven't been talking to me, well my dad hasn't. Cameron has stuck to his word and has been such a big help. I finally talked to Egypt and he has been ignoring me because my dad told him so. He also went off on me about getting a tattoo, especially from his tattoo guy. My dad said that Egypt, Juelz, and uncle Ty were not to help me. Luckily he didn't know much about Cameron except that he was Egypt's friend.

I woke up and got dressed in jeans, a t-shirt, my converse, and a hoodie. I didn't feel like being fancy today. I headed downstairs and into the kitchen to make breakfast. I looked at the clock to see I had 20 minutes until Cameron got here. I cannot thank him enough for readjusting his schedule just to help me out.

"Good Morning," my dad said to me as he walked in the kitchen.

"Morning dad," I replied in a low voice.

"You sleep well?" he asked.

Wow, he's actually speaking to me. He hasn't said anything other than hello and goodbye and has taken this punishment to the extreme. I know he's trying to show tough love, but this is so extreme. I didn't expect him not to speak to me.

I shrugged, "Yeah."

I grabbed my lunch for the day and my book bag and I heard the doorbell ring. I headed to the door, but my dad got there first.

"Good morning. How can I help you?" my dad asked.

"Good morning Mr. Carter. I'm here to take Blue to school," Cameron responded.

My father just glared at Cameron then moved to the side to let him in.

"Camero, is it?" he asked glaring at him.

Cameron stuck out his hand and replied, "Yes sir, that's me."

My dad reluctantly shook his hand and said, "So you're the one she went on a date with, without my consent."

"That was not a date sir. If and when I do take your daughter on a date, I would make sure I had your consent, you would know exactly where we were going, and I'm pretty sure that you'd do a background check," Cameron contested.

"How long have you been taking her to school?" my dad questioned continuing his semi-interrogation,

"Just since last Monday. She called me saying she needed a ride to school and had no other way so I decided to lend her a helping hand. I've made sure she's made it to school on time and that she's made her tutoring and dance classes on time as well sir. Just trying to help a friend," Cameron responded.

I had heard enough of this conversation and I could not believe that Cameron stood up to my dad like that.

"Hey Cameron," I said walking into full view.

"Morning Blue. Are you ready to go?" he asked.

I nodded, "Yeah. See you later, dad."

"Have a nice day Mr. Carter," Cameron added grabbing my bag for me.

"We'll talk when you get home," he said moving out the way for Cameron and I to leave.

I could tell he was upset, but damn what did he expect me to do. I understood why I got the punishment I did, but he can't be mad at me for having Cameron taking me to school. Now I'll have to deal with his attitude when I get home. I Just hope the rest of the day goes smoothly.