Truth and a Breakthrough

|Blue's POV|

I went back down to my dads office and he was sitting waiting for me. He motioned for me to close the door and then I sat in the chair directly across from him.

"What took you so long? Did I say, go get comfortable Blue and then come talk in my office?" he asked.

"No sir," I replied.

He took a deep breath.

"So I thought you were just going out with Egypt?" he asked leaning forward in his chair.

"I did. I told you Egypt and some friends. I didn't lie," I answered trying not to make eye contact.

My dad shook his head and said, "Ok, let's play your game. Look at me and tell me who the guy was. I've seen him before. I know who Juliana is and from the looks of it you were on a double date."

"That's Egypt's best friend, Cameron, and no it wasn't a double date," I responded.

"So he's the one that sent you flowers?" he asked.

"No", I quickly answered.

"You're on thin fucking ice with me Blue. This is your last chance to tell the truth and keep it real with me. I'm really, really trying not to lose my cool here. Don't make this difficult," he said.

I replied in a low voice, "Yes, he sent me the flowers."

"Speak up Blue," he said leaning forward.

"Yes dad. He sent me those flowers," I said looking at him not wanting to repeat myself again.

"How long have y'all been talking?" he asked continuing with his interrogation.

"Since my birthday. Well like really, really talking since April," I replied.

He leaned back in his chair and asked, "Have you been sneaking around to be with him?"

"Sometimes yeah, but we were never alone. It was usually like it was tonight," I replied and then put my head down.

"So Egypt knew about this," he said mumbling to himself.

I didn't say anything. I didn't want Egypt in trouble, but it's too late for that. My dad grabbed his phone I suppose texting Egypt.

"How old is he?" he asked.

He was still on his phone.

"Same age as Egypt," I replied.

My dad's eyes shot up at me. Here we go.

"Come again?" he said.

I sighed and said, "He's 18 dad. Same age as Egypt."

"Egypt is almost 19," he said.

"Cameron turned 18 in July," I responded.

He put his phone down and asked, "When were you going to tell me about him?"

"We're not dating so I had no reason to. Look how you're acting now," I replied, still not making eye contact.

He sighed and said, "Blue, look at me. I trust you. I don't trust those damn boys. If you say you're not dating then I believe you. Don't be sneaking around though. As much as I don't want you to date, I need to know where you are and who you're with at all times. There's no need to lie to me. Understand?"

"Yes. So does this mean I can date?" I asked cheerfully.

He tilted his head and replied, "The age difference still bothers me."

I shook my head and responded, "Really?! You and mom are like 10 years apart."

He shrugged and said, "Yes, but your mother was also grown when we got together. Not 16."

"So, can I date?" I asked yet again.

"We'll see. If he can come and talk to me whenever he asks you out on a real date then we'll see," he answered.

I couldn't help but smile.

His face became serious and he said, "Don't go getting all happy now. I'm serious about that sneaking around shit Blue. Don't let it happen again. I'm trusting you. Don't give me reason not to."

"Yes dad," I replied, trying to keep a straight face.

He got up from his chair and came around pulling me out of my seat and into a hug.

"You know I love you Blue. All I ever want to do is protect you. I know you're getting old on me, but you'll always be my baby girl," he said and kissed my forehead.

I hugged him tighter and replied, "I know daddy. I love you more."

He let me go and I headed off to my room. Wow, there's an option of me dating. Maybe he is letting me grow up. Maybe, just maybe.

|Jay's POV|

I sat back in my chair and turned on my TV. I wasn't really paying attention. I was still stuck on this guy and Blue. I didn't even notice Bey trying to get my attention.

"How'd it go?" She asked sitting on my desk in front of me.

I pulled her into my lap and said, "You knew she was going out with him. Why did I have to find out from someone sending me a picture?"

She sighed and laid against me, "If I told you, you would've told her she couldn't go out. She's at that age to date babe, plus it wasn't really a date. Egypt was there and you know how protective he is over Blue."

I shook my head and sat up, "That's not the point. You knew and didn't tell me. We share shit like this not play sides."

She cut her eyes at me before responding, "I wasn't playing sides. Playing sides would be her going out with him alone, me knowing, and not telling you. She was with Egypt. Don't make it seem like I keep things from you about her because I don't. You told me yourself she said she was going out with Egypt and friends. So how am I keeping things from you?"

She was starting to get upset and I didn't want to sleep with an angry wife.

"Ok, look. I'm not coming at you, next time just give me a heads up. I know she talks to you about boys and not me, especially with me being as overprotective as I am," I said.

She chuckled and stood up, "Oh like you'll stay in the loop about those little girls Jr. talks to? Don't worry, Blue is fine. As for Jr., those girls better not be calling here for him."

I got up turning my TV off and said, "Relax. He's not dating, yet."

She quickly replied, "Neither is Blue, yet."

I shook my head and turned off the lights before going to bed. Bey might not be ready for Jr. to date, but I sure as hell will never be ready for my baby girl to date.