Life's a Beach

We just arrived to our private villa in Turks and Caicos. First thing I need is a power nap. I snuck away from my mom and aunts to do just that. I hadn't been asleep for long before my phone went off. I didn't have to check the caller ID to know who it was.

"Hey Papi."

His face came into clear view. Of course he had to FaceTime me.

"I see you made it to your destination. Thanks for the call," he said.

I rolled my eyes at his comment. I sent him a text when I got off the plane. I guess he was serious about that. Oh well.

"Sorry babe. I'm tired and trying to get a nap in before my mom or aunts come looking for me."

"Too late for that! Wake that ass up!" my aunt Solo said entering my once quiet room.

Papi started cracking up

Papi started cracking up. Everyone knew my aunt was always with the shits and this vacation would be no different.

"Sorry Rihmeek. Your girlfriend will be unavailable for the next week. I guess we'll let her call you. If not find her on Instagram," she added.

Just like that she took my phone and ended the call.

"Auntie Solo," I whined.

She laughed and handed it back to me.

"Your mom ordered food so come on fatty. She won't eat without you. I sure as hell will, but she told me I had to wait."

I shook my head at her. My aunt was always ready. My mom would turn up too, but she was more on the reserved side.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," I said rolling off the bed.

Sure enough my mom had ordered food. A seafood boil to be exact. Let's go!

"Blue, slow ya roll. I swear you have an appetite just like your father. You and your brother," mom said taking a seat at the table next to my aunt Kelly.

She had changed and was looking flawless as ever. My mom is one of the most beautiful people I've ever seen in my life.