Sneaky, Sneaky

|Blue's POV|

Let's fast-forward through the summer. I really got into dancing and Nori got more into fashion. After that night at my house she and her mother have been inseparable. She took her mother's advice and went to some appearances with her, but stayed backstage. I didn't head to Cali this summer because of dance classes so I only had 3 weeks with Nori, but it's cool because Thanksgiving is in Cali this year & Christmas / New Years is in New York.

My lil bro came home. He did great at basketball camp and was looking at schools out there in Cali. I mean he's only a freshman and he's looking at colleges. To explain my lil bro a little bit better he's like the perfect combination of both my parents. He's chill like my mom, but has my father's temper. When he gets mad, that boy gets mad. We're very close besides our usual petty arguments.

We're finally in Jersey fulltime in the house that my parents have on the borderline between Jersey & NY. My dad wanted my brother to have the basketball court, my mom wanted the studio, and I loved my room at the house more. The penthouse is still there. My parents use that for "business" they tend to in New York. Well that's what they told me and my brother.

Ok so here's my secret. I've been talking to this guy named Cameron all summer. Well we started talking right after my 16th birthday bash. I know him through Egypt, they're best friends. He's a cool dude, but I know right now we could never be anything more because of my father. That situation is a story for another time.

I'm going shopping today with my mom after I leave dance class. School starts back up next week and I'm in need of new clothes. Ok I don't need them I just want some. Cameron says he has a surprise for me and I'm not too sure what that is. I got up, did my daily business and got dressed. I definitely wouldn't be going to the mall in my dance gear so yeah my mom must know we're taking a detour on the way home from a dance class.

I headed downstairs to the kitchen where my parents and brother were eating breakfast.

"Morning," I said as I walked to where the cereal bars were kept.

"Morning," they replied.

My mom pointed to the microwave I suppose telling me my plate was in there, but I wasn't really hungry.

"Why you not eating breakfast?" my father asked as he cut his eyes at me.

I shrugged and replied, "Not really hungry."

"Blue you have practice in an hour. You need to eat something. You have a double practice today," my mom said in a stern voice.

Ever since I started dancing they've been on me about my eating habits.

"Well, thanks for telling me now mom. I thought we were going shopping," I said, leaning against the counter.

She nodded and replied, "We are. We're going to be going to Florida this weekend so we can shop there."

"But I had plans," I replied with a whine.

"With who?" my dad asked in a snappy tone.

Damn, what side of the bed did my dad wake up on? He's on some other shit right now. I really didn't have plans. I just didn't want to go to Florida.

"I wanted to hang out with my friends from dance before going back to school," I said in a semi-baby tone.

My dad shook his head and said, "You're not staying here alone."

"Jr. can stay too," I quickly replied.

My brother started choking on his food. I didn't mean to catch him off guard like this.

"Yeah dad. You and mom could go and do what you need to. You said it's only two days. I'm 14, Blue is 16. I think we can handle it. Plus we have a driver if we need to get somewhere, security is always around here, grandma doesn't live that far, and you guys can have some quality time together which you haven't had in a while," he said.

Did I forget to mention my brother is very persuasive?

My dad nodded his head and looked at my mother who just shrugged her shoulders.

"I'll think about it. In the meantime, Blue eat breakfast," my dad replied.

"But daddy..." I said before getting cut off.

"Blue, you need to eat," he said ignoring my protest.

I just threw my cereal bar back in the box, grabbed my plate, and slammed the microwave. I shouldn't have done that, but oh well.

"I don't even want this," I mumbled.

My dad must've heard me because he cut his eyes at me. Really what is wrong with him today?

"What did you say?" he asked in a warning tone.

"Nothing," I mumbled again.

My dad looked up at me and said, "School is starting back up real soon and if this is the attitude you'll be having you can forget about hanging out with your friends. It will be school, dance, and home. Matter of fact, keep up the attitude and we can cut dancing out."

"Jay, relax. Blue eat your food and don't slam that microwave again. Got it?"

"Yes mom," I replied.

My dad got up from the table taking his and my mother's plates and putting them in the sink. He then headed in the direction of his office.

"Mom, what's wrong with him?" I asked.

My mom sighed and replied, "He has a lot on his mind. Finish eating and I'll drive you to practice. As for you Jr., before you go outside this kitchen better be clean. Understand me?"

He nodded his head and said, "Yes, mom."

My mom got up from the table and headed towards the living room. I finished eating, grabbed my bag and headed to the car with my mom. I was at dance class within 20 minutes.

Practice was not the usual 2 hours, but instead 4 since I stayed for the second one. For those wondering why I just started dancing at 16, well I didn't. I've been dancing forever, just with my mom's team. I would mimic their moves as they practiced her choreo. I did dancing in middle school and then high school came around and my dad wanted me to focus solely on that. Now I'm with a dance studio. I still go with my mom if she has a show or something to do. As for me dancing backup, I know my dad isn't having that right now.

I was getting my stuff together when a guy came in with roses and my teacher called my name. I walked over grabbing the roses and read the note.

Hey Blue. Just wanted to make your day a little brighter.

-Cameron

I instantly started blushing as everyone said aww. I texted Cameron saying thanks for the flowers and he texted me back "Anytime beautiful."

I walked outside knowing that my mom would be waiting , but I saw my dads car instead. Shit. I took the note off and stuck it in my bag and walked to the car with the flowers. I got in pecking my dad on his cheek as he was on the phone. He nodded his head at me and glanced at the flowers giving me a questionable look. He ended his call and we headed back to the house.

"Flowers?" he asked with a smirk.

"Yeah, they're for mom," I said making a quick yet unbelievable lie.

"Oh really?" he said with a chuckle.

I didn't respond and the rest of the car ride was silent. When we pulled up to the house I tried to jump out, but my father locked the door back. Dammit.

He turned in his seat and said, "So are those flowers really for your mother? I mean it's hard to believe that you managed to get them being that there is no flower shop next to the dance studio."

"I had them delivered to me so I could give them to her," I replied, continuing on with my lie.

I sounded straight stupid. My father just laughed at me then his face got serious again.

"So you lie to me now?" he asked.

"Dad..." I started but he cut me off as usual.

"No, no. I see how it is. Don't get yourself caught up Blue," he said unlocking the door.

I instantly jumped out and headed in the house. Hopefully I can keep my little crush on the low just a little while longer.