Oh, You Thought You Were Grown

|Blue's POV|

I handed the officer my license, well my permit, and the registration.

"You do know that to be driving with at least a Provisional License you need to be 17 years old," the officer said.

"I understand that officer. My cousin and I just went to grab a quick bite to eat," I replied as politely as possible.

He nodded his head and asked, "How far do you live from here?"

I gazed down the road and responded, "About 10 minutes."

He nodded yet again and asked, "Do you know why you were pulled over?"

"No," I replied truthfully.

"Someone from your residence reported this car stolen," he answered.

Really. I can't believe my dad would do that. I mean my mom would've called and yelled at me, but my dad is the type to do something like this.

"I did not steal the car officer. It belongs to my mother. See, her name is on the insurance along with my fathers," I said.

He sighed and responded, "My partner here is going to drive the car back while you two get in the car with me."

"Do we have to?" I asked.

"Yes. I will lead the way as you direct me to your home. Be happy I'm not giving you a ticket and towing the car," he said.

I nodded and North got out following the officer and I to the car. His partner got out and went to the BMW while we got in the back seat. The cops weren't causing a scene or anything, but it was going to be our asses once we got back home.

We were back in no time and the officer parked my moms car while the other officer let us out. He made his way to the front door and rang the bell. My dad came and answered. He did not look happy at all.

"Good afternoon Mr. Carter. I believe these two young ladies belong to you," the officer said moving to the side so we were visible.

"Yes they do, thank you," my dad replied giving us a death glare.

The officer handed the keys and permit to my father and said, "In a situation like this she could be in big trouble and the car would be towed, but I figured you would handle this. Next time she won't be as lucky."

"Thank you officer, I appreciate it. There won't be a next time," my dad responded shaking the officers hand.

The officer smiled and said, "Not a problem. Enjoy the rest of your afternoon."

"Same to you," my father replied, moving to the side to let us in.

We walked in past my dad and were trying to go up the stairs.

My dad closed the door and his voice boomed throughout the house, "You two get in my office, now!"

We scurried to his office and walked in to see uncle Ye, my mom, and aunt Kim. My dad slammed the door. Why did we have to talk in here? Why couldn't we talk in the living room. Oh man, I'm bout to die.

"What in your right mind told you to not only take your mother's car without permission, but to drive around without a damn license?!" my dad yelled.

"I really cannot believe you Blue. And you had to take North with you" my mom added.

"It's not like she dragged me along. I wanted to go," North said.

See there she goes. North has that Yeezy attitude. Well, I don't think she wants that with the man himself.

"Don't start North. Now is not the time to test me when I really want to pull you over my knee," Uncle Ye said.

"Nobody's testing you," North mumbled.

Uncle Ye started laughing and went towards North. I knew he had heard what she said. That laugh was a 'hahaha, I'm about to beat your ass' laugh.

Aunt Kim stopped him and said, "North, do not start. You are in enough trouble as is. Keep your mouth shut unless you are spoken to."

"Blue, I really can't believe you. How dare you take my car, my car, without my permission? You know you do not get a license until January and even then it's a provisional. What the hell is wrong with you?" my mom questioned.

My mom was really mad. I know I had pissed her off. I started to tear up hoping it would get me out of trouble.

"Mom, I'm sorry. I really didn't mean it," I said.

She cut her eyes at me and replied, "Save the fake ass tears Blue. They do not mean anything to me right now. You always want to cry when you're in trouble. You weren't shedding tears when you took my car. Your father and I give you a lot of freedom and a hell of a lot of chances, well that's about to change."

With that my mom and aunt Kim walked out of the office leaving North and I there with our dads.

"Ye, you can take this to the office downstairs next to the studio," my dad said nodding towards the door.

He nodded and walked to the door signaling North to follow him. Damn we're in so much shit right now and it's all my fault. My dad walked over to his cabinet. He took something out and then came back and sat at his desk. Whatever he had he laid it across the desk. Damn, it's a belt.

I scooted back in my seat and said, "Look dad, I know you're mad, but I didn't mean to do it. I swear it won't happen again."

"Oh, I know it won't," my dad replied nonchalantly.

"We just went out really quick. Just to the mall and then food," I said trying to plead my case.

Yes, I intentionally left out the tattoo shop. I mean if and whenever he did find out, it wouldn't be by me. I was in enough trouble as is.

"Are you done?" he asked leaning back in his seat.

He was just sitting there staring at me. I couldn't read his face. I nodded my head afraid to say anything else.

My dad sighed and then leaned across his desk to say, "Let me tell you this one time and one time only. Don't you ever, ever in your life take a car without permission. You will not be driving anywhere, anytime soon. Be happy if I give you back the permit in order to get your license in January because as of right now you'll be lucky if I give it to you by next summer. You take this shit for granted Blue. Yes your mother and I give you and your brother a lot. Hell, we spoil the shit out of both of you, but I refuse to be disrespected. I refuse for your mother to be disrespected. I refuse to sit back and have you think you can do whatever the fuck you want to do."

"Dad I don't..." I tried to add.

"Shut up! I'm really sick and tired of your excuses Blue. I was going to spank you, but that'd be too easy. It still wouldn't get through to you. Get out of my office. I will talk to you later," he replied in a threatening voice.

"But Dad..." I tried to add again.

"Blue, get up and get out," he said, taking his gaze off me.

I got up and walked out of his office and into my room to see my mom sitting there.

"I need your phone, iPad, and laptop. Your TV is already gone. You will be having tutoring sessions every day where a computer will be provided to you for assignments that require it. You will not be getting your phone and other devices back until further notice. From here on out it will be school, dance and tutoring. You will be juggling both and I do not care how tired you might become. You want to run around here and think you're an adult and that you run shit, well here's a dose of reality Blue. Put your stuff in the box, now," my mom said.

I put my phone, iPad and laptop in the box. I looked to see my TV was already removed from the wall. Damn they were really mad. I can't believe they took it this far. They never get this mad.

"Mom I'm really sorry," I said.

She shook her head and replied, "Save it. I don't want to hear it."

With that she walked out the room closing my door. I just fell on my bed crying.

|North's POV|

"We are not leaving this office until you tell me exactly where you and Blue went," my dad said leaning against the desk.

I looked at my lap and responded, "I already told you. We just went to the mall and then to get food. Nothing major dad."

He picked my chin up and replied, "Look me in my eyes when you talk to me."

Damn, damn, damn. Sorry Blue, but I can't lie to my dad.

I sighed and mumbled, "We went to the tattoo shop."

My mom yelled, "You what?! I swear North if you got a damn tattoo after I have repeatedly told you know we are going to have a serious problem."

My mom pulled me out the chair and began yanking on my clothes checking for obvious places to get a tattoo. She cut her eyes at me and looked at my waist. She pulled on my left side and didn't see anything, but when she pulled at my right side she saw the bandage. She pulled it off.

"I told you no tattoos," she said in a low, cold voice.

I immediately froze. I really did not know what to do. She dragged me out of the office to show uncle Jay and Aunt Bey. Damn, we're in deep shit right now.

"Well, these two ladies are just looking for trouble today. Look what they went and got!" my mom yelled.

Oh yeah, we're dead.

|Blue's POV|

"Blue Ivy Carter! Get down here now!"

Damn, what did I do now. I went downstairs to see North sitting in the living room crying. She mouthed to me sorry. I already knew they found out about the tattoos. I couldn't be mad at her. I already know she can't lie to uncle Ye. Shit I know I can't.

"You got a tattoo. A fucking tatto Blue! You were already told, multiple times, no!" my dad yelled.

I rolled my eyes and responded, "It's my body and it was my money that paid for it. I got it in a place that wouldn't be that visible anyways."

My mom got up and slapped me right across my face, hard.

"You must have lost your damn mind. I don't know what's gotten into you, but I can fix the issue real fast" my mom said lunging towards me, but my dad pulled her back.

See when people look at my mom they would never think she was like this. Well, she has a temper. If we piss her off, it's over.

"Who the hell gave you a tattoo without parental consent? ?" my uncle Ye asked sitting on the couch.

"I know people that know people ..." I attempted to explain.

My dad raised his hand to stop me and said, "Shut the hell up Blue. You have really, really gone too far with this one."

"I can't believe you North. I already told you how I felt about tattoos," aunt Kim added shaking her head

"Which makes no sense. You guys have tattoos. Plus just because you don't like them doesn't mean I can't get one." North replied.

"We're grown!" they yelled making both North and I jump.

"What the hell were you two thinking?" my mom asked us for the millionth time.

"Apparently they weren't," Uncle Ye replied.

"Go get your stuff North," aunt Kim said.

"You said I could stay here," she replied.

Aunt Kim took a deep breath and said, "As much trouble as you're in I advise you to stop fucking talking back to me. Go get your stuff now."

I knew auntie Kim was pissed. She barely curses.

My mom looked at me and said, "Go back to your room Blue. Your father and I will be up to deal with you."

I wasted no time running upstairs. I actually went and hid in my bathroom. I do not know what they have in store for me, but I want no parts.