Let Her Grow

|Beyoncé's POV|

Life as a superstar was great, but being a wife and mother is even better. I have semi-retired from music as far as releasing new music. I haven't toured much either for the simple fact that I'm really enjoying watching my children grow and helping them with their dreams and aspirations. It's no longer about Jay and I, it's about our children and their futures. In my spare time I give my input with Roc Nation, work on my clothing line with my mom, and write music from time to time. That's one thing about the business I'll never be able to let go off.

As for my family, I absolutely love my children regardless of how crazy they can get at times.This bickering between Jay and Blue is just getting out of hand. It all started with those tutoring sessions he had her in. They were everyday preventing her from fully dancing like she wanted to. Yes my daughter is a dancer and a great writer as well. Jay was against putting her in dance classes because he wanted her to focus on school. Well I am setting up for her to take classes this Fall because I think her dancing with other people would not only be great exposure, but also give her a chance to make new friends.

As for my relationship with Blue, it's just like the one I have with my mom which is something I have always dreamed of. Of course we can get into it from time to time, but that's my baby girl. Our mother daughter days consists of the usual like shopping and the spa, but we also make time for the studio where she writes. She's so talented. There's so much she wants to do from dancing to writing, fashion, etc. I mean I'm not going to force her to pick one thing just yet. She's only 16 and should be free to experiment. I just hope Jay will let her experiment with her talents. At this point he doesn't have a choice.

I was in the kitchen cooking and skyping with Jr. when Jay came in. I passed the computer off to him and finished up dinner. Just as I was making plates Jay came and wrapped his arms around me.

"Hey beautiful. Jr. seems to be having the time of his life in Cali," he said holding me tighter.

I nodded and said, "I know. We need to talk."

"What do we need to talk about?" he asked before kissing my neck.

"Blue," I said breaking away and grabbing our plates.

I sat our plates on the table, we said grace and began eating. I left Blue and Nori's plates in the oven. They had went somewhere with Kim.

"Speaking of, where is she?" he asked taking a break from eating.

"Out with Kim and Nori. She should be back any time soon," I replied.

He nodded his head and finished eating. When he finished his food I was just about done with mine so he took our plates and put them in the sink.

"So what exactly do we need to talk about in regards to Blue?" he asked leaning against the counter.

"I think the daily tutoring sessions are a bit much Jay," I replied.

He shook his head and said, "See I knew this was going to happen. She got in your ear and told you to come and talk to me right? Oh let me guess, you agree she should be homeschooled too?"

I got up to face him and said, "No she didn't and no I don't agree that she should be homeschooled. I agreed with you on that and that's final. I watch her bored in these tutoring sessions. You are always in the office. They are not doing anything for her. She could be pursuing other things."

"Other things like what? Her main focus right now is school," he added.

I got up and walked out coming back with her report cards for the past 2 years. She's a straight A student. School in general has always come easy for her.

I threw her report cards on the table making him instantly look down at them.

"Look at this!," I yelled. "Tell me how school is not a priority for her. I do not think grades like this call for a tutor every day. You want her tutor to check on her weekly fine, but she's about to be a junior in high school Shawn. She does not need a tutor every damn day. She wants to dance. She wants to write. She wants to hang with her friends. Can't you see that? It's bad enough that all of what we have affects her life. Granted it gives her things that we both did not have, but some normality in her life is what she needs."

He just rubbed his hands over his face and said, "That's just it. All I ever want to give them is what I didn't have."

"And you are. You also have to let her grow and help her build on her talents and passions," I replied in a softer tone.

He nodded his head and pulled me to him. He started to kiss me which generally calms me down, but not this time.

"I didn't mean to get you upset. I'll talk to her," he said as he continued to kiss me.

"Good," I replied grabbing her report cards and leaving him in his thoughts.

I headed to my office and just let the music blast. Music has and will always be the fastest way to calm my nerves. Hopefully Jay gets things straightened out with Blue because I am so over the bickering between those two.