Honesty

|Blue's POV|

I decided to wait outside of Starbucks for my dad since I knew he'd park and come in looking for me. I knew calling would worry him, but I know he can help me with this and be honest. I know he's my dad and I could've easily talked to my mom, but I know my dad can help. Plus my mom has been telling me to talk to my dad.

I saw my dad pulling up and I walked over to the car. I got in and smiled and kissed him on his cheek.

"Hey dad. Thanks for coming to get me," I said buckling up.

He looked at me and said, "Blue, I will drop anything I'm doing when you, your brother, your mother needs me. Nothing is more important than you three and you know that."

I just nodded and he drove off.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Somewhere quiet to talk," he replied not taking his eyes off the road.

I just sat back and closed my eyes to take my mind off everything that was going on. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep.

|Jay's POV|

I decided to just drive to the penthouse. I was going to take her out to get something to eat, but we could do that after. I pulled into my spot and looked over at Blue sleeping. I remember when she was younger how easy it was for her to fall asleep, but how much of a pain it could be to wake her up. My baby girl is really growing up. Soon she'll be off on her own. No matter what, she'll always be my baby.

I got out and went around to her side to wake her up. I shook her and of course she started to whine. Some things never change.

"Come on Blue, we're at the penthouse. Wake up baby girl," I said unbuckling her seatbelt.

She whined again and stretched before rubbing her eyes.

"Alright, alright, I'm up," she said grabbing her bag and getting out of the car.

We got into the penthouse and she leaned on me the entire way with her eyes closed. Boy she must really be tired.

"Daddy, can you make me something to eat?" she asked as we walked in.

"I have to see what we have or I could order you something," I said.

"No, I want you to make me something please. It doesn't really matter," she said walking towards the kitchen.

I dropped my keys on the table and followed. I looked in the fridge to see we had chopped meat, but I also knew we had spaghetti.

"Burgers or spaghetti," I asked her.

Her eyes lit up and she responded, "Cheeseburgers."

I got what I needed and put it on the counter. I handed her some potatoes for her to wash and slice for some fries. Yes I could cook. My mother wouldn't have it any other way and yes both Blue and Jr. could cook.

She sat back down as I began to make the burgers.

"So care to tell me what's going on?" I asked. I'm tired of waiting.

She laughed and responded, "I was wondering how long it'd take you to ask me. I thought you would've started your interrogation in the car. Do you want the long version or the short version."

I gave her a look and she started to laugh again.

"Ok, ok. Long version it is. So last night, as you know, I went to the party and everything was cool. We were hanging with Egypt and his friends and this guy asked me to dance. I didn't say no and everything was fine until dude got too touchy. Egypt being Egypt pushed the dude off and Cameron pulled him back before he punched the dude in the face. Cameon went on to say that I wasn't worth fighting over. He said North and I were about to cause a scene because Egypt would fight for us. I went back at him and then went to the front of the house, but then I heard him tell Egypt that I wasn't his girl and that he wasn't chasing after me. We went back and partied for a little bit then we left. Cameron texted me like four times last night apologizing and what not and North texted him back saying I'd meet him today to talk. We met at Starbucks and he said how he felt and I said how I felt and he asked me to be his girlfriend."

I didn't say anything for a moment as I didn't want to rush and say something. I knew she was leaving some things out. I was a teenager once and not that much has changed at house parties.

"Alright, I'm going to be honest with you, but you have to be honest with me. Deal?" I said.

She nodded and responded, "Deal."

"Were you drinking at this party?" I asked.

She lowered her head and I already knew that was a yes.

"Yes, but I wasn't wasted or anything. I'm sorry daddy," she said not looking at me.

"Blue. I trusted you to go to that party and behave yourself. I'm glad you're being honest and telling me the truth, but I can't let this slide..." I said.

She shot her head up and said, "Dad, please don't tell Uncle Ye. I don't want to get to Nori in any more trouble.."

I put my hand up to stop her and continued, "Don't interrupt me. Until you're 21, you don't need to be drinking. Especially not at a damn house party with people you don't know. That's the most obvious place to get date raped. You have to be smarter than that Blue. I'll be talking to North myself and if I choose to tell Kanye that's my business now, not yours.

I was starting to get upset because there's so many things that could've gone wrong, but thankfully they didn't. I was silent for a while and I looked over to Blue to see she was trying to hide her tears. I went to wash my hands before walking over to her.

"Look at me baby girl," I said lifting her chin. "You have to be careful and as much as I want to protect you I'm not with you 24/7 to do so. I just want you to think smarter, okay?"

She nodded her head and I pulled her into a hug.

"So Cameron asked you out? That's what you wanted to talk to me about?" I asked.

She nodded in my chest and I pushed her back to see the smirk creeping on her face.

"There's the smile I love. So talk to me about how you feel," I said.

She sighed and said, "I'm so confused dad. Like just last night he acted like I was nothing. He said I wasn't worth fighting over. I'm not his girl. Then after the party he texts me apologizing and now today he wants "an us." Like am I supposed to believe that? I don't want cliche answers like you usually give me dad."

There's no denying that Blue is damn near in love with this boy and from the way he looks at her I know he sees her as more than a friend.

"So, you're confused because you don't know when to say yes. You've been wanting him to ask you out and now that he has you want to say no because he was showing off in front of his friends. Has he ever made you question him before?" I asked.

"No, but what if he does it again. What if he plays me out? I like him as a person dad, I do. I don't want to lose him as a friend," she answered.

I nodded and continued, 'You're overthinking this Blue. You're not even 18 yet. He doesn't have to be the guy you marry, but if you sit here and overthink every single thing and not act on your feelings you'll just mope on what you should've done. You're young, take a chance. You get that overthinking from your mother. She was just like that when I asked her out. She started saying she didn't want to mess up this and that and a whole bunch of nonsense. I respected her feelings, but she was just overthinking being my girlfriend. Now she's my wife and we have a great life with beautiful children and here you are a mirror image of her."

"So I guess I should just tell Cameron what I've wanted to tell him all along," she said getting up and walking towards her room.

I sat there for a minute before she ran back and hugged me, squeezing me as she did when she was younger.

"Thanks daddy. I knew you'd be able to help me. You always call me out on my stuff and break down the guard I put up. I love you," she said letting go.

She ran back off and I went to start cooking. I decided to call Bey and tell her to bring Jr. so we could have some family time.

"Hey babe, how'd the talk with Blue go?" she asked.

"Great. She's probably on the phone with her boyfriend as we speak," I answered.

She laughed and responded, "So you told her to follow her heart?"

"Not exactly. I told her to tell the boy yes because that's what she wants. She reminds me of you overthinking shit all the time," I said.

"Hey! I do not overthink stuff. Well, sometimes, but not when it comes to us," she replied.

"I laughed and said, "Bey, that's a straight up lie. When I asked you out you kept telling me you didn't want to be with me because you didn't want to mess up our friendship. You wanted us to be cool and a relationship will complicate things. Now look at us. I got you wrapped around my finger."

"Yeah whatever Shawn. So what if I was overthinking. I don't play with my heart. As for you having me wrapped around your finger, it's the other way around," she said and I could visualize her rolling her eyes.

"We'll see about that later. Get Jr. and come up to the penthouse. I'm making burgers and I know if Jr. doesn't get one he'll be mad. Plus we need some family time anyway," I said.

"Alright. I'll be there within the hour. Glad you and Blue talked things out. See you soon babe," she replied.

"Love you," I said.

"Love you more," she said and the call ended.

I went to go see where Blue was to see if she wanted to help me cook. I thought she'd be in her room, but I heard the TV in the living room instead. I cleared my throat and she looked up at me with a huge smile.

"I guess you gave him your answer," I said, leaning against the doorframe.

"Yup. We're boyfriend and girlfriend dad," she responded.

"Your mom and brother are on their way so we could have some family time. Want to help me cook?" I asked.

"Sure, but I choose the music," she said walking past me. "Oh yeah Cameron wants to talk to you. I told him I'd let you know when you're available."

I nodded. This should be interesting.