The Daily

|Blue's POV|

I woke up on a beautiful July morning to see it was going on at 11am. I'm surprised my parents let me sleep this late. Although it's summer time they usually have me up by 9am to do something miscellaneous. Oh yeah we're currently in New York. We have a house in Jersey, but we stay here in the Summer from time to time since my parents do most of their work here in the city; well mainly my dad. It's just my parents, my lil bro Shawn Jr. (how obvious), and me. We just call my lil bro Shawn since everyone calls my dad Jay.

Do I like school? Hell no. I've been trying to get kicked out that snobby ass school since I started, but my parents are not going for it. There's no sense in it now. I'm going into my third year, but trust me I've tried. I really want to be homeschooled, but my dad says school is about as normal as my life is going to get. Yeah right. 

That school is filled with nothing but celeb kids, the only person I kick it with, or I should say kicked it with was Egypt, Alicia Keys & Swizz Beatz son. Our parents are close friends so we just grew up that way. He's 18 and he just graduated. He'll be turning 19 in the fall. As a graduation gift he got a new car so he's never home. I miss my bro though so hopefully he'll remember me and make time for me. I guess I need to get some friends.

Now before I continue I bet you're all wondering about my God sister, North. She's in Cali. Her mom, Auntie Kim, has life set up there so that's where she is. She's 15 and every time I go to Cali I stay with them and every time she comes to NY she stays with us.

So there's my two friends. Everyone else I talk to are just associates. I don't get close to a lot of people. Back to my daily routine.

As for my outfit of the day. I was in an all black mood, as usual: maxi skirt, crop top, sandals, and purse. I'm not sure why I always wear black it's just my thing. I put my hair in a high bun, grabbed my laptop and headed downstairs for breakfast.

"Morning," I said setting my laptop on the table in my usual spot.

My mom smiled and replied, "Morning sweetie. You look cute."

I smiled back and said, "Thanks mom."

"Morning," my dad said walking in the kitchen giving both my mom and I kisses on our foreheads.

"Morning," we replied.

I sat down at the table and opened my laptop to check the tabloids. I'm a junkie for these things. My mom handed me a plate and closed my laptop. I couldn't help but suck my teeth. I hate when she does that.

My dad glared and me and said, "Not at the table Blue. You don't need to be checking those damn blogs anyway"

I just rolled my eyes and ate my breakfast. I was halfway done eating when I got a FaceTime call from Nori.

"Hey sis," I said with my mouth half full.

"Morning. What you up to?" she asked.

"Clearly I'm eating. Say hi to the parentals," I said making a face.

My dad laughed and shook his head at my response.

"Well buzz me in so I can say hi," she said hanging up.

I jumped up and looked outside and sure enough there she was getting out of the car with uncle Ye. I buzzed them in and they were on our floor in no time.

"Nori!" I screamed as she dropped her bags at the door.

We hugged each other and acted as if no one else was there. Yes my bestie is in town.

"She the only one you see?" Uncle Ye asked.

"Sorry Uncle Ye" I said letting go of Nori.

He pulled me into a hug and North hugged my parents.

"What brings you by fam?" my dad asked.

"Kim has work to do with her sisters so I thought I'd swing through and see wassup and bring Nori along," Uncle Ye replied

"Plus its my 3 week vacay with you guys," North added.

"Turn up time" I said doing a little dance.

Uncle Ye cut his eyes at me and said, "You two better be staying out of trouble."

"Don't even worry about that. They both know better. Plus, Blue has tutoring," my dad said killing the mood, as always.

"Dad you know I don't need a tutor and I have nothing to study for. Let me enjoy my summer," I said with more attitude in my voice than intended.

"Blue, watch it," my dad said with a warning tone.

I shrugged my shoulders and replied, "No disrespect dad, I'm just saying."

My dad was about to say something else when I got a text from Egypt saying he was outside. I got up and went upstairs to my room and grabbed my purse with my essentials and went back downstairs.

"Aight Nori, we out," I said heading to the door.

"Where you ladies going?" My mom asked coming out the kitchen

My dad didn't wait for me to respond and said, "Right now nowhere. Blue and I need to talk."

"Dad, Egypt is outside waiting for us," I said, pleading with him to just let us go.

He gave me one of his looks and said, "I don't care."

I texted Egypt we'd be down in a few and he said ok. I walked to my room with my dad right behind me. I went and sat on my bed as he closed the door and sat in my desk chair.

"First off watch your tone when you're speaking to me. I don't care how old you are or how old you get Blue, you won't be speaking to me or any adult like that," my dad said.

I sucked my teeth and replied, "I wasn't even being disrespectful. And talk to you like what? I don't get it you tell me to speak my mind and when I do it always comes down to this."

"Excuse you?" he said leaning forward in the chair.

I sighed and said, "Every time I tell you I don't want to study. I don't like school. Let me be homeschooled. You always circle around the topic."

"Ok, so you want what exactly?" he asked.

"I want to be homeschooled," I said with confidence.

He nodded his head and calmly said, "And why is that?"

I got frustrated and yelled, "I don't like that school dad!"

He snapped back at me, "Lower your damn voice Blue. Keep it up and you won't be going anywhere."

"Sorry," I replied with my head down.

He continued, "As your father I do not owe you an explanation as to why I raise you the way I do. I do not owe you an explanation to anything really. You will not be homeschooled. You will be graduating from the school you are currently in. You will be having the tutoring classes your mother and I set up. You will not bring this up again. Understood?"

I just sucked my teeth, rolled my eyes, and attempted to leave the room.

"Sit back down, now," he said, barely raising his voice.

I turned and slowly walked back to my bed.

"This is my last time speaking to you about this Blue. When I am talking to you do not walk away from me. I also advise you not to roll your eyes or suck your teeth at me again. Got it?" he questioned again.

"Yes dad," I replied, not making eye contact

He stood up and said, "Be back in this house at by 4. Your tutoring session is at 4:30. I advise you not to be late. Next time don't go and make plans without asking your mother and I first."

And with that he walked out the door. I just sat there pissed. He'd never let me win. I couldn't walk out of my room like this because I knew I wouldn't be going anywhere Whatever my dad says goes. My mom lays down the law as well, but daddy usually has the final say.

I grabbed my stuff and went back to the kitchen. Nori was in there eating.

"Sorry to keep you waiting," I mumbled.

She smiled and said, "It's cool troublemaker. I was hungry anyway."

I rolled my eyes at her comment and she got up to put her plate in the sink. We said goodbye and headed downstairs. Egypt was in his truck with the music blasting.

"Wassup ladies. What brings you to town Ms. West?" he asked Nori pulling off.

"Mom had work to do so here I am. Plus it's my 3 weeks here in NY. I could use a break from Cali life," North replied.

Egypt nodded and asked, "So where we off to?"

"Let's go to Philly," I replied.

He cut his eyes at me before looking back at the road and said, "You said bookstore when you texted me. Anyway, you think we gon have enough time for that? Your dad said you gotta be back by 4."

"I don't care what he said Egypt. I'm tired of the damn irrelevant tutoring sessions," I replied getting irritated.

"Baby girl you can't get me in trouble with your pops," he replied.

"He's right Blue. Uncle Jay is kind of cray," North added.

"Just ride then," I said sinking into the leather seat.

He continued driving and we ended up in Jersey. We did a little shopping, ate, saw a movie and got back to NY at 4:15. I gave Egypt a hug goodbye and buzzed Nori in. I walked around town a little bit just to clear my head. My phone buzzed and it was a text from Blue telling me my mom was looking for me and the tutor was there.

I turned around to walk in the direction of the penthouses when I saw my dad was calling. GREAT! I was about to ignore his call, but I knew that would only cause more trouble. Man forget it. I clicked ignore and kept walking. He called again immediately so I just picked up to avoid a FaceTime call.

"Hello," I mumbled into the phone

"Where the hell are you?" he asked.

"Out," I replied nonchalantly.

"Blue!" he yelled.

I sucked my teeth, as usual, and answered, "I'm walking back home now, relax."

And with that I hung up. I knew I would hear his mouth once he got back, but to be honest, I didn't care.