Family Meeting

|Jay's POV|

Just when I thought I had everything figured out, here comes Jr. with this acting up in school bullshit Regardless of this family meeting we're having, I'll still be talking to Blue one on one to apologize and talking to Jr. one on one to insure he gets his act together. I love my kids and want nothing but the best for them. I laid off with the tutoring sessions for Jr. because of his basketball practices. I laid off a lot of things with him more so than Blue, but that's about to change. Some rules are going to be set in stone with no discussion about it.

"We're having a family meeting. Everyone in the living room now," Bey said as soon as we got in the house.

Once the kids were seated across from us Bey looked at me so I began to speak. "I don't know what's up with you two, but let's lay everything on the table. You know with the family meetings there's no judgement and most importantly when someone is talking no one else is to talk until that person is finished speaking. Now that we got that out of the way. Blue you're first."

Blue sighed and said, "I just want to say that I apologize for my behavior. I went behind yours and dads back to go get a tattoo and took the car without permission. I apologize. As for my behavior I was honestly just bored. It was the same thing over and over. Tutoring, dance, tutoring dance. I just wanted a little change. Nothing too major. Just a little change."

"So a tattoo out of all things is what you had to go and get?" I asked.

"I just said I was wrong. How many times do you want me to apologize? It's on my body now and it's nothing I can do about it. I'm pretty sure when you were my age you made stupid mistakes too," she replied.

"Not saying we didn't. It's not the fact of making mistakes it's deliberately being disrespectful and doing what you want to do, over what, boredom?" I questioned.

"We understand you don't have the normal teenage life and we try to give you as much normality as we can, but we told you no tattoos and you already know about the car thing so let's not even go there. You'll be getting your phone and laptop back once this meeting is over. The punishment will still remain until Monday which means you'll be going nowhere this weekend," Bey added.

"As for the whole not speaking to you thing I apologize for that. I was still mad at you and on top of that I was busy. Still, I had no right to have treated you like that and I apologize. As for you and your "friend," we'll be having a conversation about that after this. I meant what I said this morning," I said.

"But dad..." she started.

I cut her off, "No but dad. You heard what I said. We will talk later. Moving on to you Jr."

"I already know I'm in trouble. Can you just give me the punishment so we can get this over with," he said leaning back on the couch.

"Let me see your phone," Bey said standing up and walking over to him.

"For what?" he asked.

She held out her hand, smacked him upside his head and said, "Boy don't question me. Let me see your phone."

Jr. reluctantly handed it over to her and next thing I know it hit the wall shattering instantaneously.

"Come on!" he yelled.

"Watch who the hell you're talking to," Bey said with a warning tone, smacking him on his head again.

"I already warned you. Next time there's no talking," I added.

He sucked his teeth and I instantly went over and yoked him up.

"You need to lose that damn attitude, now! Don't make me have to rock your shit right here, right now. Watch your fucking tone and answer what we ask you respectfully. Understand?" I said raising my voice.

He just nodded his head, but I wanted a verbal response.

"I said do you understand me?" I said again in a low, threatening tone.

"Yes sir," he replied in a shaky voice.

I tossed him back onto the couch and sat back down.

"Let's try this again. Care to tell us what your problem is and why you really got into an altercation?" I questioned.

"An altercation with who?" Blue asked.

"Blue no interruptions," Bey said.

"Just a question, dang," Blue mumbled.

These kids and their smart mouths.

"Blue, be quiet," I said.

Bey stood up and said, "I'm so tired of you two undermining my authority in this house. You think your father is the only threat huh? Ok, go ahead and keep thinking that. Your father is far from being your worst nightmare. Don't get on my shit list. You two better watch what you say to me, take the attitude out of your voices, and keep the slick comments to your damn selves. Keep it up and you'll be begging your father to save you. Consider this your only warning. Got it?"

"Yes mom," they replied.

"Now Jr., answer what your father asked you," she continued.

He sighed and began, "I got into an altercation with this dude who keeps challenging me over stupid stuff. He forever has something to say and tries to punk me out so I called him out and said since he had so much mouth to say it to my face. We were arguing back and forth which I think is stupid and just as I was about to punch him security broke it up and took me to the office. Principal called you, talked to my coach, sent me back to class and then my algebra teacher started going in for no reason."

"So why are your grades like that? Every time we ask you, you say you're good. Well apparently not and from now on you'll be having the tutoring sessions provided by the school and private tutoring sessions here," I said.

He groaned and said, "Dad that's mad stuff."

"I don't like being called to the school because of bullshit. Bullshit is you almost getting into a fight off what someone says to you. Move the hell on. People are gonna talk shit. It's what people do. That dudes probably mad because you're where he's not. Stop worrying about what other people have to say and do what you need to do to get where you gotta go. As for arguing with your teacher that's unacceptable," I said.

"Maybe if you were doing your work she wouldn't have had to call you out," Bey added.

"You need to get it together. As for your punishment. The TV is being moved from your room, no game room, your games are being taken, and as you can already see your phone is done for," I said.

"Your punishment will last as long as you're benched from the team," Bey said.

"Mom, that's like a month!" he shouted.

She shrugged, "Not my problem. You got one more time to yell at me. Now that that's done, the both of you can go to your rooms."

"Blue I'll be up to talk to you first," I said.

They both got up and went upstairs. I just laid back on the couch and Bey laid back putting her head against my chest.

"That wasn't so bad," I said kissing her forehead.

She looked up at me and smiled, "No it wasn't. "So how do you like Cameron?"

I cut my eyes at her and replied, "I don't like him because he likes my daughter. I haven't really sat down and talked to him not to like him though. We'll see. Time will tell."

I kissed her again and headed upstairs to talk to Blue.

|BLUE'S POV|

Finally I got my phone back. I texted Cameron and he texted back that he'd pick me up for practice if my parents weren't dropping me off and that he was happy we were talking again.

I think I'm catching feelings for Cameron. Like I've always had a crush on him, but now I have like actual feelings. I've talked to my mom about it and she said to take things slow, but not to get caught up.

I was downloading music to my computer, checking my emails and stuff when my dad knocked and came in.

"Ready to talk?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said closing my computer to give him my full attention.

He came and sat on the foot of my bed.

"So tell me about this boy," he said.

"What do you want to know?" I asked

"Well you told me a little bit about him before. Just what have you two been doing this past week and a half," he replied.

I nodded, "Nothing dad. He takes me where I need to go since you wouldn't. I had to get to where I had to go someway."

"I understand that. Are you two dating?" he asked.

"No dad. He's the type to come and talk to you before doing any of that. He told me I was wrong for getting a tattoo and all that and that I deserved my punishment. I mean I guess he's right I just hated that you guys weren't talking to me, you especially" I said.

He motioned for me to come sit next to him. He grabbed my hands and said, "I know and I'm sorry for that. I can't believe I'm about to say this. If and only if he asks you on a date he will have to come and speak to me. I will have to know exactly where you are going. You're almost 17 and as much as I want to I can't keep you locked up forever."

"Daddy, I'll always be your baby girl and when I'm really ready to date whether it be Cameron or whoever, I will come and talk to you" I asked with a huge grin.

He playfully rolled his eyes and responded, "Yeah sure you will."

I jumped on him squeezing him. He started laughing.

"Love you daddy," I said.

"Love you to baby girl. Do you need a ride to practice?" he asked.

"Cameron offered me a ride if I needed one," I answered.

My dad stood up and headed to the door before turning to say, "He can take you."

"Ok, who is this person and where is my father?" I asked.

He chuckled and replied, "Oh trust I'm still the same person. Your moms not cooking so grab something to eat on your way home. Try not to get something heavy. It doesn't sit well with your stomach."

He smiled once again before leaving my room and closing my door. Although my dad seems ok for me to date, problem is Cameron hasn't even asked me. Hell, I don't even know if he's feeling me. Then again he wouldn't have helped me out if he wasn't, right? Ugh.

|Jr.'s P.O.V.|

I was lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling when I heard my door open. I assumed it was my dad. Damn sometimes I hated talking to him. My dad is a very knowledgeable person, but right now I just wanted to be left alone.

"So what's going on with you?" he asked.

"I'm good. I know I'm in trouble right now, but I'm good," I said not making eye contact.

"You need to get your grades right son and fast," he said sitting down on my bed.

I sat up and responded, "Dad I am going to get them right. I know that you're disappointed."

He sighed and said, "I'm not disappointed because I know you can do better. I'm pissed off that you got this far off track that you're benched."

"I know that was my fault. I'm gonna get it together dad," I replied in a low voice.

He nodded and said, "You better. I don't want to hear about any more altercations between you and your classmates and definitely no problems with your teachers. Got it?"

"Yes sir," I responded.

"Good. Time to move your stuff out of here," he said standing up.

"You were serious?" I asked.

He started unplugging my TV and turned to me saying, "Hell yeah. You don't deserve to have any of this stuff. Hand your camera stuff over too."

I shook my head, "Dad, no. I can't do that."

He just glared at me and said, "I'm not asking you, I'm telling you to hand it over. If I repeat myself again you won't be getting it back. You'll be on a scavenger hunt looking for it when your punishment is over."

I went to my closet and got all my camera equipment and my dad told me to sit it in the hallway. I then went back and set my TV in the hallway too. I know I had to hand over my computer so I turned it off and sat it out there as well.

"Get your mind right and you won't have your things taken away. One month. It's all on you whether it'll be longer or not," he said before leaving my room.

I closed my door and laid back on my bed staring at the wall. Damn it's gonna be a long month.