Embarrassed

|Jay's POV|

I was up later than Bey last night so I'm not surprised to be waking up in an empty bed. I was just about ready for the day when Bey came in and shoved her phone in my face.

"Damn, good morning to you too."

I moved the phone and pulled her into a kiss. She seemed to relax a little bit before breaking away and putting the screen back to my face.

"Bey, you know you could just tell me rather than trying to make me go blind this early in the morning."

She gave me a look and snatched her phone back.

"You said you had it handled with the kids. You told me that they were confined to the house last night. I definitely don't recall us ever giving permission to our 17 year old to be in some damn club."

So that's where his ass was creeping in from after midnight last night.

"I'll handle it."

Bey sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes at my comment.

"Yeah, handle it."

"Aye, you directing your energy at the wrong one. Cut that attitude shit out."

"No, you're talking to the wrong one. I'm not your child. You don't tell me how to speak."

I moved around her. When Blue or Jr. do shit like this, it causes problems with me and my wife. So now, I have to settle shit with her. All this could've been avoided if my son would've done as told instead of sneaking out.

"Where are you going? Jr.'s not here."

I turned to her. Not here? Alright, he's moving on some other shit. Hell, we give Blue more leniency with her whereabouts, but we still know where she is 99.9% of the time. My son on the other hand, well you see what situation we're in now.

"What you mean he's not here? He told you where he was going?"

She shook her head, "Haven't seen him all day. He's not answering my calls either."

It's too early for all this shit.

"I got this. I'll be back soon. You good?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine with the kids until you get back. Text me or call me when you find his ass."

I gave her another kiss before leaving out. Just as I was about to head out the door, Blue came walking in.

"Morning daddy."

"Wassup Lefty. Where you coming from?"

"The dance studio."

I nodded. "Have you seen your brother?"

"Um, nope."

She tried to move past me. I could tell her ass was lying.

"Blue."

"Yes..."

"Alright cool, since you wanna play dumb. Let me change my question. Where is your brother?"

"Dad, I don't wanna get involved."

"Well, it's a little late for that. He's coming and going out of here like he's a grown man. Now you're covering for him?"

"Just know he's safe."

"I didn't ask you all that. He's safe until I get to him. I don't repeat myself. Answer me."

Before she could respond, Bey came down the stairs. Blue looked as if she saw a ghost. Damn, Bey will forever have these kids shook.

"What's going on? Jay, I thought you were going to find Jr."

"I still am, just trying to get the oldest here to stop withholding information."

Bey came further down the stairs, past me, and straight to Blue.

"I already have one child that's on the verge of getting their ass beat. You want to make it 2?"

"Mom..."

"Where is your brother?"

They stood there face to face for a few minutes, staring at each other. Bey changed her stance and was about to say something, but Blue started talking.

"He went to a tournament," she mumbled.

"Say what?" I asked.

"Speak the hell up Blue," Bey added.

"He went to a tournament with his friends. That's really all I know. He said he didn't ask because it's in Compton and knew y'all wouldn't want him over there."

Bey looked back at me and I could see from the look in her eyes that she was agreeing with what I planned to do.

"Okay," I said moving to the door.

"Wait, dad. You're not going there right?"

I didn't even respond. I got in the car with my security and headed to the location. See, this usually wouldn't be a big deal, if he had asked. I would've let him go, with a couple of security guards. It wouldn't be a big deal if he wasn't sneaking around doing underhanded shit. My son is talented, far more talented in ball than I am. For him to make it though, he has to get his mind right and play by the rules. The rules not just on the court, but off.

Getting to the tournament wasn't hard. I was thinking about how I should go inside. I'm no stranger to going to his tournaments when he's playing. So why not go inside and surprise him. Give him my support, right?

My security followed me into the gym and security inside directed me to where I could sit. The announcers got wind of it and announced it over the intercom I had arrived.

"Hov is in the building."

"No surprise there with his son playing point guard for one of the teams."

I locked eyes with Jr. and he didn't look scared at all. No, he was angry. His team wasn't playing at the moment so he had free range to come my way. He was all huffing and puffing at first until I stood up. His demeanor changed and he gave me a pound. I wrapped my arm around him and pulled him over to the side.

"Get your shit and lets go."

He frowned at me and shook his head.

"Dad, I didn't tell you and mom because I know y'all wouldn't let me come.

"You're right, but we're not discussing this here. Get your shit and lets go. I'm telling you now with the mood I'm in, you don't want to go there with me right now. I'll meet you at the car. You have 5 minutes."

He looked between me and his friends.

"Dad, I'm not leaving. I don't know why you came all the way down here. Look, we can talk about this when I get back. Let me finish this. You talk about me perfecting my craft, that's what I'm trying to do."

He tried to walk off, but I snatched him back and slammed him into the wall. I turned to my security guard first.

"Go get his stuff. Tell his team they better find his replacement or too bad, they forfeit."

As my guard walked off I turned my attention back to ole dumb ass.

"You sure you wanna go toe to toe with me right now?"

He shrugged away from me and went to the car. Let's see if he'll have that same energy once we get home.