Feelings

|BLUE'S POV|

I rushed out of the house, not looking back, and not caring if Egypt or North followed me. I went outside to the front to cool off. I looked at my phone to see it was almost midnight.

"Blue!"

I turned around to see Egypt with Nori right behind him. Nori came and gave me a hug, but I honestly felt emotionless.

"You ok?" she asked.

"I'm perfectly fine. I just want to be left alone," I said about to walk off.

I felt a tug on my arm and by the strength I knew it was Egypt.

He looked at me with sympathetic eyes, "I know you don't want to be here right now. If you want I can take you home."

I shook my head, "No. I'm not going to let your asshole of a friend ruin my night. I came with Nori."

Nori looked back at the house before saying, "It's ok if you want to go Blue. We can just chill somewhere else."

I walked past them and back into the house. Screw Cameron. I don't need him. I headed back outside with Egypt and Nori right behind me.

Egypt came up behind me and whispered, "You sure you ok?"

I nodded my head and he continued, "If you want to leave, just let me know and I'll take yall home."

I nodded my head again and grabbed Nori's hand heading back over to where Egypt's crew was and starting talking to some people, ignoring Cameron. Funny thing is, every now and again I'd feel him burning a hole into me and as soon as I looked in his direction he'd either be looking the other way or talking to some girl. Idiot. If this is who he really was, I'm glad I was seeing it now instead of in a relationship with him.

I ended up getting over the slump I was in and even took a few shots. Once we took the fourth one Egypt caught wind and dragged us out of there. Man, there goes another buzz kill. He threw us into the backseat with his girlfriend in tow. It didn't take long for him to pull off in the direction towards uncle Ye's house.

"You two seriously can't be drinking like that," he said gazing at us through his rearview mirror.

Nori sucked her teeth and responded, "You got a lot of nerve. Last time I checked you're underaged too. I wouldn't advise you to snitch cause I'll snitch right back."

I started laughing and then suddenly Egypt pulled the car over and turned to us.

He said, "Funny that you'd think I would drink and drive. Why the hell would I drink and take the chance of you two getting hurt? Just know you were at that party because I convinced your fathers that I would keep an eye on you, not because of your damn schemes North. You guys get to do a lot of shit only because they know I'll be there. If I had not gone to that party you wouldn't have gone. Now shut the hell up with your smart comments before I say something to Uncle Jay and uncle Ye more than you two drinking."

He started the car back up and we were at uncle Ye's house in no time. We both jumped out of the car and attempted to quietly enter the house when we heard our names being called. We walked in the living room to see uncle Ye and aunt Kim cuddled on the couch watching something on TV.

"How was the party?" aunt Kim asked with a smile.

Nori smiled back and responded, "It was lots of fun. You know we hung out with Egypt and his friends. Pretty chill night."

"You alright Blue?" uncle Ye asked glaring at me to dig deeper into something being wrong.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired. Goodnight," I said walking off to the guest room. I usually stayed in Nori's room, but I just wanted to be alone.

As I laid in the dark I couldn't help but to think about Cameron. I was just about to doze off when I heard my phone buzz. I ignored it at first thinking it was Nori telling me goodnight, but then it kept buzzing. I grabbed it and adjusted my eyes to the bright light of the screen to see it was Cameron texting me.

Sorry about tonight. -Cam

I don't want to lose you as a friend Blue. - Cam

Please don't ignore me forever. We need to talk. -Cam

Fine, I'll give you your space. -Cam

Damn it Blue, respond or something. -Cam

I got up and headed quietly to Nori's room to see that she was wide awake playing a game on her computer with the TV on mute. Mind you it was nearly 3am. She would always do that. Not sure why. She looked up when she saw me and went back to her game as I plopped down on her bed.

So, Cameron texted me," I said trying to sound nonchalant.

Nori stopped playing her game, looked at me, and said, "Well what did he say?"

I showed her the texts and she texted something back on my phone. I instantly snatched it back.

"Why the hell are you texting him?" I asked in a harsh whisper trying not to get loud.

She sighed and responded, "Blue. I know you and I know how stubborn you can be, but you're in love with this guy, aren't you? You're trying to put up this front right now like you don't like him and you have every right to be upset with him after the little stunt he pulled. Regardless of that, you still like him. Your feelings are deep for him. I texted him to stop by your house tomorrow so you guys can talk face to face. There's no sense in you moping around hoping he'll call, contemplating on calling him yourself. Get it the hell over it. Put on your big girl undies, tell him how you feel, and go from there. No this doesn't mean you'll be in a relationship, but you'll see where he stands and he'll hear from you exactly how you feel."

She went back to playing her game and I laid back on her bed just thinking. She was right. I did need to talk to him. I had to tell him how I was feeling.