Not So Tough Now

|Jay's POV|

I texted Juelz that we were pulling up and as we parked he was heading to his car. We simply nodded at each other. He already knew his cousin was about to get fucked up. I never thought I'd have to take this kind of action with my son, but one thing I won't tolerate is him disrespecting his mother.

Bey was first up the stairs and opened the door. There Shawn was playing on the game not even noticing we were there.

"Yo Juelz, you gotta get on next bro."

"Turn that shit off," Bey said.

He froze when he heard her voice.

"H-h-hey mom. Um, I was just waiting for your call to come back home. Juelz let me crash here for a little bit."

Bey's face changed and I knew she was about to go off.

"You were waiting for my call? That's funny. Looks to me like you're having the time of your life over here as if you didn't disrespect me earlier. Just live it up, right Shawn?" she said.

His face changed and that attitude was coming back. I was letting Bey take the lead. One of us had to be calm, but I can't promise I wouldn't choke his ass out.

"Man. I said I was sorry. What more do you want me to say? I can't take it back."

He threw himself on the couch and I walked over and put him a headlock.

"Watch who the fuck you talking to," I said through gritted teeth.

"You shouldn't have fixed your mouth to say it to me in the first place! You really smelling yourself lil boy. I don't know where you get off thinking you're gonna speak to me any kind of way. Then you have the audacity to be all nonchalant about it. You really got me fucked up!" Bey yelled.

I let him go and he fell to the floor gasping for air. I pulled Bey back and told her to calm down. Juelz had neighbors and shit, no need to draw attention. I could fuck this boy up in absolute silence. I dare him to yell, I'll just make it worse.

"Come here," I said quietly

The kids know if I'm silent, I'm pissed. He hesitated to come near me, but he dragged his ass off the floor and came and stood toe to toe with me.

"I go out of town and this is what you do?"

He shook his head. Body shot #1.

"Nah, you had all that mouth with your mom, talk that shit to me. You a grown man now right! Go ahead, talk your shit."

I landed body shot after body shot and he just sunk to the floor. He curled in a ball trying to avoid my hits, but I just kept going. Bey was off to the side just watching.

"Get the fuck up!"

He stood back up and there were tears streaming down his face.

"What exactly did you say to your mother. I wanna hear it word for word."

"Dad...."

I was about to hit him again when he put his hand up to try and stop me. I pulled my hand back and he put his down, but I tagged his ass anyway.

"Speak!"

"She was yelling at me about my grades and m-missing practice. I-I told her it was too early for this shit and to get the fuck off my back," he said in a low voice.

"Is that all Bey?" I asked looking at her.

She didn't say anything and just launched at Jr. She was smacking the shit out of his ass.