Growing Pains

|Jay's POV|

See what I gave to go through with Blue? Yes my baby girl is my pride and joy, but that attitude as of late is not going to fly with me. She's so much like me when I was younger that it's crazy. I was always ready to prove a point and she has that same mentality. What she fails to realize is that I'm the adult and she's the child. She also has to watch that temper of hers. Granted yes I did teach her and Jr. to voice their opinions, but there's a way to do that. When it comes to her education, all I want is what's best for her. I want to give her the education I never had. I usually break and compromise with her, but this time I'm not. If she thinks that all this rebellion is going to make me break down and give her what she wants she got another thing coming.

"Blue is a trip man," I said tossing my phone down on my desk.

"What happened?" Ye asked.

I glared at the phone and replied, "She hung up on me."

Ye just started laughing. I remember Nori hanging up on him by 'accident.' That did not sit well with Ye and she's real cautious when she's on the phone with him now.

"Don't even stress it. She's just being rebellious. It's a teenager thing. I'm convinced North goes out of her way to make me upset," he said.

I nodded in agreement and added, "Well Blue is mad because she got that tutoring session once a week at 4:30. She's lucky she doesn't have it every damn day. She's taking the SATs and ACTs in the fall and she needs to be prepared."

"She'll get over it," he said with a shrug.

"She better. Sometimes I just don't know what to do with her man. Once upon a time boarding school was an option, but Bey wasn't having that. I just don't want Jr. following in her footsteps with that attitude," I replied.

Ye sighed and said, "Jay she's a good kid. She's just a typical teenager. Maybe you should take her out and talk to her one on one about her dreams and not so much what you want her dreams to be. As for Jr. that boy is a carbon copy of you. He's just reserved and sneaky."

"Shit I know Jr. is no angel. As for Blue I talked to her earlier," he replied.

Ye chuckled and said, "I know you Jay. You told her what it is and left out. Just try hearing what she wants and try and meet in the middle."

"I always compromise with her ass. She's the one that wanted to go to the performing arts school and now she wants to be homeschooled. Nah when shit gets tough she just tends to back out and I'm not having that. She only has two years left man. Just two. She's gonna stick them out," I said defensive.

He nodded and said, "I hear you man. Just try talking to her again and listen to her. You know ask her where she sees herself in two years."

I just nodded my head and finished up what I had to do at the office.

What have I been up to lately? I mean music is always my life. Roc Nation has just become the main focus. Music, sports, event planning, fashion. We do it all. I built something I hope one day my children will take over. Like right now Jr. is away at a basketball camp in Cali. He'll be there until August. Then it's back to studying for him too. He's a good kid. He's very reserved. I guess he gets that from Bey. That boy does haves temper though. I guess he gets that from me. Then again Bey can be a ticking time bomb. I love my kids, my wife, my life. I'm just laying the groundwork for their futures. If only they could see that. I know I can be extremely hard on them, but I have their best interests at heart.

I headed out of the office with Ye. He got a call from Kim that there was an issue with Nori and I texted Bey telling her I was on my way back. Maybe it's time I do talk to Blue again. Back to reality I go.