Apologies

|Blue's POV|

I was half asleep when my phone rang. I saw it was Nori. I instantly picked up and heard her crying.

"Blue can you please let me in? I got into it with my parents and I snuck out. Please, I had nowhere else to go," she said through sobs.

I jumped out of my bed and replied, "Yeah I'm buzzing you in now."

I ran out of my room to see my parents were in the living room watching a movie.

"What's going on Blue," my dad asked as he looked at me warily.

"Nori just called me crying asking to let her in. I don't know what's going on. All she said was she got into it with her parents," I said walking to the door.

My dad got up and walked to the door. As soon as he opened it there was Nori about to ring the doorbell with a tear stained face and an overnight bag.

"North, what's going on?" my dad asked her pulling her inside.

Before she could even get out an answer she ran to my mom and broke down in her arms. My dad went and grabbed his phone I suppose to call uncle Ye. My mom finally got North to calm down.

"Your parents are on their way," my dad said walking back into the living room and sitting down.

Nori didn't say anything. She just laid her head back on my mom.

"Can you tell us what happened sweetie?" my mom asked her rubbing her back.

"I got an attitude with my mom and when we were talking about it she told my dad that every time he goes out of town I'm running behind 18 year old boys. Those guys are from my school. I hung out with them and my other friends. My dad called me a fast ass. It was like they were accusing me of being a hoe. I mean they didn't say that, but that's what it seemed like. I haven't slept with anyone I swear and I didn't mean to disrespect my mom. They hate me," she replied as she started to tear up again.

It didn't take long for her to start crying again. My mom continued to console her and a a few seconds later the doorbell rang. My dad got up to open it and it was uncle Ye with aunt Kim. Aunt Kim came in and instantly went and sat down by my mom as Nori jumped in her arms and sobbed in her shirt. Nori is way more emotional than me, but in a situation like this, it's understandable.

My dad whispered for me to go make the guest room ready for Nori and he nudged uncle Ye to follow him.

JAY'S OFFICE

"Sorry about North barging in here this late. She snuck out," Ye said as Jay handed him a cigar.

Jay nodded and asked, "Clearly. You aight man?"

"Yeah and no. We got into it about her level of respect towards her mother. I don't like how she talks to Kim and I check her on that shit every time; this time was no different. Then she went on this rant of wanting to be a normal teenager. Kim said she does that when it's convenient and that back in Cali she's hanging with 18 year old dudes and shit. Convo just went left man.

I spazzed, I did. I don't think she's a fast ass, I said that out of anger. I know I was wrong for that, but she has to realize what we have here. They are not normal teenagers no matter how much they try to be. I know I hurt her feelings, but hell how am I supposed to feel hearing my 15 year old daughter is hanging out with 18 year old boys," Ye replied.

Jay nodded in agreement and added, "I try telling Blue the same thing. It's hard for us to get across to them because we are dads and will always be seen as overly overprotective. I mean we are, but we have good intentions behind it."

"Exactly! I didn't mean to call her a fast ass, but come on if Bey told you Blue was running behind some 18 year old dudes you would spazz to," Ye added.

"You damn right," Jay said putting out his cigar.

"Look man. Sometimes as parents we have to suck it up and admit when we're in the wrong. The best bet for right now is to open the line of communication by being the adult and apologizing for what you said."

Ye nodded and responded, "I'll for sure apologize for calling her that because my intention is never to disrespect my child. As for that disrespectful attitude she got going on, that has to stop. I'm not gonna put up with that shit at all."

|Blue's POV|

"Have you lost your mind by sneaking out North? That behavior is not like you." aunt Kim said once North had calmed down.

"I'm sorry. I was angry with you guys and had to get out of there," North replied as her eyes got watery again.

Aunt Kim touched her hand and said, "No need to cry. Look, I know you're thinking I threw you under the bus or whatever, but your father needs to know what you're doing. You and Blue, no matter how much you want to be, you are and will never be normal teenagers. You have to watch what you're doing and at all times. The worst thing that could've happened was for him to see you and one of those boys in a tabloid together."

"Exactly what Jay and I were just talking about. If your father would've seen that you have no idea just how pissed he'd be," my mom added.

I looked up to see Uncle Ye come in the living room and sit across from North while my dad went and sat in his usual recliner.

"We just want the both of you to be safe," aunt Kim said.

Uncle Ye cleared his throat and said to North, "Come here baby girl."

Aunt Kim gave her a kiss and a pat on the back as she got up and went to uncle Ye. He pulled her into a hug and they sat in silence for a minute as if they were telepathically speaking to each other.

"I apologize for calling you a fast ass baby girl. I let my anger get the best of me on that one. Still, I should've never said that. You didn't deserve that. I still don't approve of you hanging out with those boys," uncle Ye added.

"But dad it's not like that. We're really just friends," Nori replied.

Uncle Ye looked at my dad and they started laughing. My mom and aunt Kim couldn't keep a straight face either.

"Sweetie. We were all teenagers once and just because you say you're just 'friends' with the opposite sex doesn't mean it always stays that way," my mom said.

Uncle Ye added, "You have an image to uphold. I don't want you or Blue in the tabloids with the headline, 'Rappers Daughters Wasted Under 21."

"That would never happen," I said.

"Shit it better not. You both have to watch what you do. Yes, we can treat you guys like babies sometimes and honestly we'll continue to do so. We can't help that we're overprotective. It's in the definition of being a parent. As you two get older your choices not only affect your family, it affects the both of you personally. Choose wisely what you do now as a teenager," my dad replied.

"Granted you won't always be perfect. Just watch what you do and be mindful of everyone around you. Got it?" Uncle Ye said.

"Got it," we both replied.

Uncle Ye stood up and said, "Good. Come on Kim. Let's go back home."

"I can stay?" North asked.

"Yes you can stay. We'll talk more later. You're not off the hook for sneaking out either." uncle Ye replied.

North got up and hugged her parents. I hugged them as well. Glad that this is over. I wonder if my dad knows about all the people, well guys, I hang with from time to time. I mean I am at that dating age, but I doubt my dad would approve of me dating right now. Realistically I should be able to, but my dad is not for that. It's all about the books he says. So to keep it by the books, I'll keep my crush on the low.