Truth Is

|Jr.'s POV|

I don't know what I was thinking to disrespect my mom like that. That's not like me at all and I'll be apologizing to her forever because she didn't deserve that. I wouldn't let anyone talk to my mom like that so I had no right to either.

Here I am still sitting in this living room sore from my dads punches and my moms heavy handed slaps. I wasn't expecting both of them to tag team me, but them again, they ride for each other no matter what. You fuck with one, you fuck with the other.

On top of all that, this shitty ass day got even worse because now I'm done with basketball until the fall. No championship games and no Summer league. My dad has made up his mind and there's no changing it. I feel bad for letting down my team, but what's done is done. I'll just have to buss my ass all Summer training and get back in the good graces of my coach.

Just as I was about to head up to my room, the doorbell rang. I opened it to see both my grandmother and my auntie Solo. Kill me now. Can't say I'm surprised. They're both always quick to catch a flight for my mom.

"Hey grandma, hey Solo."

My aunt walked right past me ignoring my presence. My grandma gave me a kiss and a pop upside my head saying we'd talk later.

"Shawn, where's your mother?"

"Right here."

I looked to see my mom coming down the stairs

I looked to see my mom coming down the stairs. She looked more relaxed and had changed. Now I'm stuck between these three. My aunt was about to say something when Blue came in with the twins and Rihmeek behind her. Blue had Rumi and Sir was with Meek.

"Hey mommy, auntie, and grandma," Blue said.

My moms face lit up when she saw the twins. She gave Meek a hug as he hugged my aunt and grandma as well.

"Mom, Solo, lets go get these two settled and then we can go to the spa and talk."

"The spa? Am I invited?" Blue asked.

Mom shook her head. "Not this time baby. I got you next time though whenever you want to go."

She just shrugged and headed in the direction of the studio, motioning for me to follow. Before I could even take a step my aunt pulled me back.

"I got your ass later."

Shit, she didn't have to tell me that. I just nodded and went in the direction Blue did. I found her and Meek in the studio. She was playing on the piano and he was on the phone. He started laughing when I walked in the room.

"Damn man, I'm glad to see you're standing."

"Right, thought Yonce was gon murk yo ass. Nah, you didn't just get Texas Trill, by that swelling on your face, you got Brooklyn too."

I sat down in the chair trying to process what had happened. I didn't even notice that Blue stepped out until Meek got my attention.

"You wanna talk man?"