Rude Awakening

|Beyoncé's POV|

The twins and I had got home not too long ago and they were content playing. Jay came in, I suppose from his office, and they both got excited when they saw him. He went over and gave each of them a hug and a kiss before sitting on the floor next to me.

"Don't ask me to help you up, old man."

He cut his eyes at me.

"I see that's where your children get calling me old from. I'm your old man though."

He moved closer and gave me a kiss. Somehow I ended up on his lap.

"That's how we got those two over there," I said mumbling mid kiss.

He laughed and I stood up off his lap.

"How was your day? They give you any trouble?" he asked.

"Not at all. I just had a few meetings and Angie was there to keep them company. How about you?"

"Just had to get some things situated. They messed up a show for one of the artists so I had to fix it."

"Damn, everything good now?"

"Yeah, but the venue is paying dividends for it since it's their fault and lack of reading as to what was expected."

"Well, I'm going to go shower and change."

"We'll be here."

Going into our bedroom, I took a nice long shower. It reminded me of the times before we had children where I could spend all the time I wanted getting ready. Those days were long gone ever since we had Blue, so moments like these, I appreciated more than ever.

I was changing into my pajamas when a text came through from Blue telling me she was going on a date with Papi. I decided to give her a call to see if she's spoken to her brother since they dropped him off.

Hey mommy.

Hey baby. I guess you smoothed things over with Rihmeek?
We're getting there.

Mm hmm. His ass better wrap it up. I don't have you on birth control for nothing. Plus, I damn sure don't need any grand babies right now.

Mom!

Mom my ass. Girl, I was your age once. At your age I was with your father. I know what goes on when your man flies in to town.

Alright mom. You got it.

Anyway, I just called to see if you've talked to your brother. He told me was at his friends house.

That's what he told me. You and dad worried?

Just because we're letting his lil ass think he's doing what he wants to do, doesn't mean we aren't in control.

Always have a game plan, huh?

Damn right. Well, if you plan on being out later than usual, send a text. I don't want you out all night.

I know mommy.

Alright. Have fun. If you get home and I'm still up, come find me.

Will do. Love you mommy.

Love you more baby.

I decided to call Jr. for myself and see what he was up to. He answered after a few rings.

Hey mommy.

Hi baby. Where are you?

I'm at my friends house playing the game. I've been here since we got out of practice.