Suspicious people

_______________________

A/N:

Okay, so a little disclaimer about this/these chapters that's coming;

I don't know anything about what the police does when they find a car full of weed, I'm just going to make up something and just write what I maybe think they do when something like this happens.

And this is a fanfiction, so it's all fiction anyway. So please don't hate or anything!

Enjoy!🍀

-Caroline x.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy's POV:

The house was filled with police officers. They were looking through the entire house, searching for something. Some were interviewing us, asking us thousands of questions we couldn't answer. I mean, how can you answer questions about something you haven't been told, something you didn't know?

Apparently the police had found weed in Harry's vehicle. Of course they would notice that there was two tons of weed in a vehicle, it's not that hard when you're able to look inside of it.

The whole thing shocked me. I knew about Harry's business, I just didn't know it was drug dealing, but I guess I should've figured. The only thing on my mind at this point was; what will happen to Harry? He's in a hospital now, safe and sound, but when he's written out, what will they do to him? Is he going to jail?

The thought of Harry locked inside a tiny room with no window or access to communication sent shivers down my spine. Hopefully there was a way he could pay himself out of it all. Obviously he would have the money for it. But it was a big amount of weed in his vehicle. I don't think they would let him pay himself out of that.

"Excuse me? Lucy Emelia Allen?"

I turned around to see a man, probably in his 20's, smiling vaguely at me. I nodded and smiled carefully back.

"Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?"

I shook my head, and realized I seemed a bit dumb for not talking. But I didn't really care. I had heard that question too many times for one day. And I couldn't do anything but be okay with it.

One thing I found a bit odd was that he wasn't wearing a police uniform. In fact, he wasn't wearing any uniform at all. His clothes looked a bit shabby and his eyes looked tired.

We sat down at the couch like I had done with the others who interviewed me. I sighed and got ready to hear the same question like the last time, and the time before that, and the time before that, and yeah. You get the drill.

"What do you know about Harry's little business?" He asked with a raspy voice.

I was taken aback by his question. It wasn't the same like the last time. Not at all.

"Excuse me?" I said nervously.

He let out a small laugh. "Listen, I'm asking the questions, you answer them. Okay? Now, what do you know about it?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and swallowed. "N-nothing, sir."

His smile faded, turning into a frown. He quickly shook it off and smiled again, scribbling something on a notebook.

"Who does he work for?" He asked harhsly.

"I don't know" I quickly said back.

Why was he asking all these questions? It was none of his business. He wasn't even a police officer. Perhaps he was a journalist. But why would a journalist ask questions about Harry's business?

He frowned again, not shaking it off this time. "Seems like you know nothing."

"I don't."

"Then why do you look so nervous?"

"I don't even know who you are."

"Do you know who any of these are, then?" He asked, pointing at all of the different police officers. "Do you know them all? Their stories, their families, their past?"

I froze. My heart started beating faster for every word he said. They were scaring me. Yet, there was a certain truth in them.

"I know they're police officers and that's enough. People who can't be trusted arent police officers, that I know for a fact" I said determined.

He smirked viciously. "You must know something. You're his girlfriend, don't tell me he hasn't told you anything about his little dealing?"

The question was rethorical, as he was expecting me to know everything because, Harry was my boyfriend, of course he had told me. I frowned and furrowed my eyebrows. In fact, he hadn't. He hadn't told me shit. I had to go on a dangerous mission to find out myself.

"Well, let me tell you something ironic. He didn't tell me anything. Harry's my boyfriend, and he hasn't told me anything, alright? So why don't you just take your fake notebook with you and drag your butt out of this house before I tell the police."

I stood up and turned on my heel to walk away from him. A cold hand gripped my wrist. My breath hitched as I turned around, the man's face only a few inches from mine. His eyes looked vicious. Shivers went through my body.

"I'll keep an eye on you, sweetheart. Don't you forget that" he whispered with his raspy, disgusting voice that smelled of smoke, before he slowly walked away from me, hopefully out of the house.

I fell to the couch, shocked by what just happened. Who was that man? Why was he so eager to know about Harry's business?

"I'll keep an eye on you, sweetheart."

"Sweetheart."

The words were stuck in my mind, although all I wanted was to forget them and move on without worrying too much about it, but it was impossible.

"I'll keep an eye on you, sweetheart. Don't you forget that."

I definitely wouldn't forget.