Flower field

My whole body was aching. My head, my face, my chest, my feet and my stomach hurt. It felt like I had been stomped on by horses. Thousands of horses. My mind was blurry, and I couldn't really remember anything that had happened. The last I remembered was the guy that was called Zaran Marock, but nothing after that. They had some sort of conversation that I couldn't recall. It was infuriating to not remember how I got this pain. Was it Ron? Was it Christoff, or maybe Zaran Marock even? Nothing made sense to me.

I was starting to hallusinate and have nightmares. I could see things, things that weren't there. And I heard voices that weren't there. It was all in my head. Harry was in most of them. It was a blurry image, but he was there, right in front of me. Ron and Christoff had taken him, and I could see his blood on the floor, bruises all over his body, and I could hear his screams at night. It was haunting me. My mother and father were also there, laughing and pointing at me. Sometimes they would tell me how bad I had failed in life and that I was a worthless piece of trash that no one cared about. The images made me cry. Every night I cried myself to sleep, only to be brought to another hell of nightmares, nightmares that were worse than the images. They were so bad I didn't want to speak of them or talk about them. To anyone. Never.

Ron and Christoff were starting to treat me worse than ever. They hit me and kicked me every day, and sometimes they would go further. It hurt like hell, but I had learned to deal with it, and just accept the fact that this was my new everyday lifestyle.

(Image.)

"Where are we going?"

He smirked, still looking at the road. "It's a surprise, I told you. Thought you loved surprises."

"Okay, yeah, I love surprises, but not when I know I'm going to get one. It's not even a proper surprise. It's like a- a half surprise. A fake surprise. A wannabe surprise!" I said and waved my arms in the air.

He grinned and chuckled, shaking his head. "You're cute."

I frowned and crossed my arms, turning my head to the road again. "Fine."

Harry sighed and smiled at me. "Lucy, come on. Don't be grumpy. You trust me, right?"

As much as I wanted to say no and roll my eyes at him, I sighed. "With all my heart."

A grin spread on his face. "Then you have nothing to worry about," he said and studied the road. "Oh, look, we're here!"

It was a beautiful flower field with purple, red, yellow, pink and blue flowers. The field was the biggest I had seen in my entire life. Birds were singing and whistling in the air. There was a big tree in the middle of the field surrounded by flowers. We could see a little farm not so far from the field, where cows and horses were running around. Well, at least the horses.

Harry parked the car on a piece of grass. He smiled widely at me before stepping out of the car. I opened the door and looked at the field in awe. The sound of the trunk opening was heard in the distance, Harry taking out the basket of food and drinks, while I was too busy looking at the flowers. I felt a hand on my back, and looked to my side. Harry looked at the field the same way I did and smiled proudly.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

I nodded.

"Come."

Hand in hand we went to the middle of the field where the tree was, away from the shadow so that we could enjoy the heat from the sun. It was hot, but not too hot. I was wearing a marine kind of dress with anchors all over, and sneakers, with a hat on my head to top it off. I picked out the blanket and spread it out on the grass. We had found a place where the flowers were few so that we could sit there. To be honest I thought Harry had chosen that exact spot before we came there, just because he was so precise when we walked there.

~

"Do you ever wonder how it's like to be able to fly?"

I chuckled. "Every day."

"Really?"

"Of course. I mean, don't we all? We're so trapped down onto this ground and furious at this gravity that holds us down, because wouldn't it be lovely to be free and just fly away from everyone and everything? Even just for a while, I mean. The power of gravity is just too much sometimes."

"Sometimes gravity isn't enough to hold us down. Sometimes you need something else. A person, or a life."

"I agree. A person or something else that you know will always be there no matter what, and keep you alive, keep you grounded."

Harry looked at me. "In that case, you are my gravity."

~

"L-lucy.."

I opened my eyes slightly, only to be met by a light. Light. Something I hadn't seen in ages. It was blinding my eyes, so I quickly narrowed my sight.

"Lucy?"

A squeaky voice was speaking, and I couldn't comprehend what he was saying. My sight was blurry, so I couldn't quite see, and my mouth dry.

"Ron and Christoff were going out for a while and I just thought maybe you wanted to see some light again, I-I guess," he said.

"W-wateh," I mumbled.

"What?"

"W-ater, water," I said again and I noticed how dry and sore my throat really was. It hurt to speak.

"Oh, of course! Here," he said and picked up a cup with liquid. He pressed it to my mouth and poured the water down my throat. I drank. Drank faster and more passionate than I had ever drunk before. It felt gentle to my sore palate, and my sight got a little bit clearer. When I had finished the cup, he fed me two sandwiches, and then another cup of water, and another one. I had finally gotten my sight back completely, and my throat felt better than before. I was able to talk again luckily. Not completely, but I was able to form a sentence or two, stuttering a bit.

"You d-don't know how thankful I am for this, M-Mike," I whispered. The feeling of being somewhat full in my stomach was delightful, and I almost smiled at a certain point.

He smiled shyly. "Oh, it was nothing. I just, I couldn't stand seeing you suffer. It just doesn't seem fair to you. You haven't done anything wrong.. Have you?"

I shook my head and coughed. He nodded understanding.

"Are you more thirsty? Or hungry? If you are I need to hurry and make a sandwich or get some water before Ron and Christoff gets back," he said in a hurried and nervous tone.

I shook my head and smiled vaguely at him. "No thank you, I'm g-good."

He smiled whole-heartedly. "Good," he said and sighed. "Ready for the blindfold again? Ron and Christoff is probably gonna be here any minute now, and I can't have them finding out about this. They would kill me."

I nodded reluctantly. "Yeah, just g-get this over with."

Mike gave me one last smile, before reaching for the blindfold and tying it around my head. As the darkness returned, I felt a lump in my throat. It was awful to have that thing around my head. I couldn't see anything. I was unaware of what was in front of me, behind me and next to me. It was the reason for my nightmares.

After a while of preparation for their return, the foor flew open. I heard wincing and things being hit.

"I knew I couldn't trust you!" Christoff yelled.

"If you fucking move one more muscle, I'm gonna pop this gun into your head!" Ron screamed.

More wincing and twitching was heard, and objects were thrown into the air.

"Let me fucking go!" I heard a familiar voice scream.

Zayn.

A shot from a gun was heard. And then it was quiet.